The First Vogue or Other Fashion Magazine You Bought?

This was my very first issue of Vogue ever. It was my introduction to the world of fashion.
Y6B4D1P_large.jpg

*whosdatedwho*

My very first VOGUE is US VOGUE October 2008: Rachel Weisz

It is kind of odd but it's Liya Kebede in Chanel Haute Couture shot by Meisel! Can't mess up it up. lol.
I just wish her feature was longer since there was only like one picture.

I bought a handful of issues of Vogue before this specific one, but those were always to cut up for art projects and stuff so this one is the first one I bought when I was getting into fashion.

image_5.xxlarge.jpg

media.onsugar.com

It seems that British Vogue hasn't changed the fonts on the covers...

My first was Vogue Italia June 2006 with Hilary Rhoda on the cover. I remember buying it along with Dazed&Confused with Hilary on the cover and i-D with Snejana!

this is my first vogue

Vogue Russia February 2006
VORussia200602_00.jpg

iconography

Vogue Taiwan October 1996 - The First issue
Linda Evangelista by Steven Meisel
They're totally lost after this iussue,that's why i never scan anything from Vogue Taiwan.

scanned by me

That cover's great for Vogue Taiwan! Very orange, but clean and strong.

^Oh God, 8 or 9?! I remember flicking through VPs with my mom alongside at a pretty young age, but the only things I purchased at 8 or 9 was Pokémon cards :lol:
ooh, me too ^_^ i mean, i would always look through my mother's vogues as a child,
this is one of the most memorable moments of my childhood, i could stare at it for hours [ok maybe for minutes :lol:]

Vogue Paris December 1995

herfamedgoodlooks.com

but the first one i actually bought for my personal use is this one
Vogue Russia October 2008
VORussia200810_00.jpg

fashion-iconography.net

I got my first Vogue when I was ten...it was the August 1980 issue with Gia Carangi on the cover. Yes, I'm THAT old. But I still buy it every month, along with countless other magazines. And I can tell you, the anticipation of next month's cover never gets old.

This was the first issue I've ever received...

2eppmv8.jpg

Vogue US April 2005
fashionista.com

However, I was really young then and it wasn't until the beginning of '07 that I started subscribing and really getting interested in fashion.

Last edited by a moderator:
my first vogue ever was the june/july 05 issue of VP my sister brought me from vacation, it was such orgastic feeling to actually have it in my HANDS :lol:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

577bk.jpg

originally posted by iluvjeisa in the magazine thread, source unspecified

my first US Vogue from august 2005... all i thought was "heaven and TONS of ads :shock:"
2005-madonna-vogue.jpg

sassisam.wordpress.com

my first VI was actually the runway supplement issue with eugenia volodina in that colorful mcqueen gown from february 2003 i got off ebay, the first ordinary issue was probably may 05 with natalia vodianova on the cover (ebay) but before that i bought that amazing january 2006 issue with irina and the boys on it with that rock spectacle edit, I LOVED IT :shock:. My first Vogue Nippon was april 2006 (i think) with sasha followed by my first UK Vogue with stam in august 2006. :lol: my first Vogue Russia was may 2007 with edita vilkeviciute... my throughts were mixed - gloss & crap coctail. :lol: there was a short affair with German Vogue, i discarted it though and i dont remember who was on the cover nor which issue it was, i think september 2007.

:cry: im getting nostalgic as i type :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blondblondblond
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->