The Gentlewoman #5 S/S 12 : Christy Turlington by Inez & Vinoodh

Model: Kirsten Owen
Photographer: Benjamin Alexander Huseby
Stylist: Beat Bolliger

models

After contemplating whether to make a purchase, I caved this afternoon. I know, I shouldn't have hesitated with Christy by Inez & Vinoodh. But I'm on a magazine cut-down, which isn't going smooth. Then to open the magazine and notice Christy's photos are printed onto yellow-tinged paper and of bad quality, I'm a tad dissatisfied. Nonetheless the shots are spectacular, Carlyne's styling surpasses expectations. And I look forward to reading Christy's interview. For most publications, I never depend on digital images. However this is not a one that appears better or more attractive in print.. Christy's set that is.

Christy is staggeringly beautiful in that editorial. seriously - she looks as magnificent as she ever has.

the interview is quite sad, though. she seems so jaded about her life as a model. almost to the point of dismissive. perhaps she got pulled in a lot of directions she didn't want to be pulled. the quotes about The Trinity being "smoke and mirrors" and that she never wanted to be part of something like that, seemed particularly odd. has she had a sort of falling out with those other women? and in saying that she has no real interest in fashion itself ... and that she hated doing runways. i think back on all those shows with her and the other girls and they seemed so celebratory. and all those classic photographs with Naomi and Linda and Christy ... i don't want to believe that she wasn't really passionate about any of it. it just seems a bit ... i don't know, ungrateful or something?

I don't know if her interview's really sad, it just reflects where she is right now with her life. I seems like she probably re-evaluated a lot of her modeling career after she found her true passion with maternal health. When you're involved as something as serious as that. It doesn't seem like a stretch that you'd write off a lot of your work in a field that really isn't as important and one that you lucked into, rather than working towards it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clubmissy
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->