The Hills

Discussion in 'the Entertainment Spot' started by Velouria, Apr 30, 2006.

1. Velouria

Velouria New Member

The Hills premieres on MTV this Wednesday! For those of you who don't know, The Hills is L.C.'s (from Laguna Beach) new show about moving to LA and interning at Teen Vogue. I can't wait to see it! Is anyone else looking forward to it?

2. purreow*

purreow* Member

I missed it last night - did anyone watch it? Any comments?

3. nat_attak

nat_attak New Member

i saw commercial for it but missed it. is it real? did she really get an intern at teen vogue?

4. purreow*

purreow* Member

saw the replay last night and yes, she does get the internship at teen vogue. seems that the storyline is being positioned as her trying to keep up with the adult responsibilties (college, new internship/job, etc) while also being pulled away by her friends for parties, boys, etc.

5. Velouria

Velouria New Member

I watched it. It was really entertaining, but her friend Heidi has absolutely NO sense of responsibility. I'm more interested to see what happens to her since we all know Lauren already has a bright future.

6. cosmogrl5

cosmogrl5 Fashionably Late

I never watched Laguna Beach, but I am already addicted to The Hills. You can watch recaps and behind the scenes footage at MTV.com. :D

7. OH_HEYY

OH_HEYY New Member

gahhh i dont like heidi

8. cosmogrl5

She makes me nervous because she is so irresponsible. I was such a goody-goody when it came to school, so when she ditches every class, I am like, "Gasp! How could you?! :shock: " . At least Lauren goes, or I would be really upset. :lol:

9. Velouria

Velouria New Member

I think that Lauren might end up quitting school to focus on her internship. In one of the commercials it shows her saying, "I just don't know how I can do this and school."

10. alwaysacitygirl

alwaysacitygirl New Member

I love this show already and frankly, I'm more interested in her work at Teen Vogue than anything else lol

I find it pretty ridiculous how Heidi acts .. how she openly discussed how she never went to classes in high school in her college interview and how she crashed the party of the company that her friend just started working for. Ugh.

Anyway, I'm amped for the rest of the season!

11. treschic

treschic New Member

I agree with citygirl that her internship at Teen Vogue is probably the most interesting aspect of the show. I love it so far, and I'm sick of Heidi as well, but she's makes for drama and that's what keeps reality shows going.

I wanna see more of what she does at Teen Vogue, so I'm excited for the rest of the season.

12. cosmogrl5

The Teen Vogue part definitely makes the show for me too. That's why I was so happy to watch the behind the scenes footage of the Teen Vogue studio on mtv.com. Lauren gave a tour of the clothes which was quite enjoyable! :lol:

13. gsquared

gsquared New Member

I'm liking it so far as well..especially seeing how teen vogue works. I always preferred Lauren to Kristin, so i'm especially enjoying it. I don't care if Heidi is irresponsible..i could care less whether she quits school, skips classes or not...but at least don't ruin it for others! (ie// crashing the party while Lauren's working).

For those of you who want to catch the show because you missed it, or simply don't get it in your country like me, go to http://www.youtube.com and search keywords "hills, laguna" and you'll find both ep 1 and 2 (though split into 2-3 separate parts...but better than nothing!)

14. LeonieAlexandria

LeonieAlexandria New Member

Awesomeeeeeeeeeeeeeee I Love U! Thanks

15. LeonieAlexandria

LeonieAlexandria New Member

does anyone else think that heidi is a TWIN of kristin ? looks wise ? i just watch season 1 episode 1 and i am SHOCKED, i thought it was kristin at that interview thingy.

16. seasecrets

seasecrets New Member

i thought she was kristin, too.

17. ShuggaStiletto

ShuggaStiletto New Member

I love this show! FIDM, LA, Teen Vogue, things I dream about being associated with when I'm older...maybe! I always love Lauren's hair, and especially her eye makeup!

18. viva_la_vogue

viva_la_vogue New Member

I love this show...and I love Lauren's style. I like to imitate it myself. :smile:

19. fouroclock

fouroclock New Member

Lauren just flattened her skirt with a flat iron and she pulled a Seinfeld reference. She is now gangsta in my book.

Btw can they actually get away with talking like teenagers in interviews i.e. saying 'like' too many times, etc.?

#19 fouroclock, Jun 11, 2006
    Last edited by moderator : Jun 11, 2006
  20. Madhuri

Madhuri New Member

I love The Hills aftershow on MTV.com where Lauren shows the tour of Teen Vogue and all the clothes. I also loved the outfit she was wearing during the tour. If anyone can identify that rose-colored dress/tunic she was wearing over leggings it would be appreciated.

She wears the best accessories, especially her headbands and sunglasses.