The many ways to wear a scarf

Fold into a triangle, place around your neck 'bib style', take the ends behind your neck and bring them back to the front. Secure with a double knot or scarf ring.

DSC_0071.jpg

Fold your scarf into a triangle and place on your head, long side on your forhead. Take the ends to the back of your head, and secure with a double knot. Place a cap or hat on top, that way the silk won't slip and the headscarf stays securly in place.

Photo73.jpg

Is there a way to wear a smaller/shorter scarf without looking like a flight attendant (tie around neck)?

Folded into a triangle, ends secured behind the neck

br.jpg

knotted like a tie

Photo22.jpg

More for the guys, but I'm sure there are tips in here for everybody!

No probs Mai Tai! Great blog by the way, just had a look through it :smile:

thanks for the video jared! I love that guy from GQ it made me watch more videos!

i actually wore a scarf tied around my head the other day...
it's a long ivory cotton scarf w. grey weaving and fringed edges and i tied it around my forehead and knotted it at the nape of my neck...
with my hair flopping over in front...

sort of gypsy/pirate/80's new wave...
(i actually got the scarf in the mid 80's on the street in the east village, so it's meant for this sort of think and has a sort of ethnic vibe)...
:shock:...

i don't know what made me do it...
i have never done it before...
but apparently i can't leave the house without having something on my head these days...
:lol:...

i'm so silly...
i make myself laugh...
^_^...

Last edited by a moderator:
^ :lol: Good to know Gypsy Queen!

I don't think I'll be doing much with scarves this summer though I may surprise myself. I did "rediscover" all the beautiful silk scarves I've inherited from my Mom as I swapped out the closet for spring but I suspect it will be hot and sticky this season... so unless I'm wearing them to hold back unruly hair (entirely possible) - I think they are on hold until the winter or next spring :smile:

This winter - I was consistently pulled to my shawl/pashmina type scarves - particularly the light weight silk - they kept me warm without feeling cocooned. I put the center of the scarf across the front of my neck and crossed the tails in the back to drape around again in front. Sometimes I loosely tied it in front or just let the ends hang depending on how "polished" I wanted to look that day - I liked the volume in the front. I leaned to atˬblack or cream if the rest of my outfit was colored or patterned and I'm lucky enough to have some amazing color and patterned ones (lovely gifts from friend and family travels) if the outfit itself was otherwise somber (to add a pop).

I love scarves - such an easy way to add interest/contrast!

Lately I've been experimenting with using my smaller scarves to create a "Land Girl" or Rosie the Riveter type of head-wrap. I really like this look but still lack a little bit of courage to wear it out in public. For now I've been wearing them around the house but I'm hoping to try it out in a public setting sometime soon, it just has to be right one. Also been using my scarves as a headband with a knot at the top. All of them are quite perfect for the summer, keeps my hair of my face and I look presentable. I'm a bit of a sentimental person and when I wear my scarves in such a way it reminds me of pictures of my grandmother taken during the 40's looking incredibly chic in her head-wraps!

Some weeks ago I wore a not too voluminous, sik -like scarf with a loose half-windsor knot. It was a bit tricky ...

Too bad I didn't take pictures:(

How to wear your Chanel scarf?

vintage-paris.blogspot.com

I like the way yohji often puts a scarf on the head and then a fedora on top of that...

sort of pirate-y...
:argg:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eisabeth
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->