How to wear leggings successfully

Reference Kate Bush and/or the Dancer Inspired Styles thread; I explained my feelings here, a little awkwardly. (I would modify that post to add that contrasing good and bad lamé is much like deciding between an AA micro-mini or hot pants... :lol: I'd take the hot pants currently, "thanks for letting us know".)

i hate leggings.. they could be acceptable with something longer.. so that they only peeked out.. or i've seen them being worn with very short shorts yesterday in town.. and surprisingly i liked it..

I think leggings look cute with a shift / short dress. So many outfits involving gorgeous long dresses are ruined for the adornment of a pair of leggings underneath...

I've never worn them as I know they just wouldn't suit me, but I think this girl has totally nailed the look.

(style)

Attachments

• dknylean.jpg
    dknylean.jpg
    191.2 KB · Views: 22
leggings are tricky to wear, they dont suit every tipe of body but a specific one. I think they are not a trend anymore, just a garment but came across with so much controversy wether to wear them or not. if you like them and have the body to wear them what the hell? im not super tall or super skinny but consider myself that i can wear them and not look odd. i really like them under short dresses, when the dresses are too long or leggings are reaching the ankles i wouldnt do it, cause theres no point to wear leggings instead of tights, but i love them when they are shorter with short dresses.

Last edited by a moderator:
I do not know why, but I just bought three pairs from American Apparel the other day, and planning to buy three more....

I am going to wear them under short dresses or shorts in the fall and winter, with boots, so they look like a layering piece or a cover up for my legs on chilly days. They are also a thicker version of opaque tights. I only wear them in ankle length, never ever cropped length.

I wear ankle length leggings under short dresses or shirt dresses and I think they look good. They look best with a neutral color palette.

yeah I've been anti leggings for the past two years or so. I really liked them about 4 years ago before they became super popular and would just cut the feet off tights since you couldn't get leggings in store at the time but I felt they were too trendy. However in the summer I have a couple cute but quite short dresses that i'd like to wear with something other than tights. So maybe i will get some leggings again. I think they act as a nice go between for the short short dresses since quite frankly when I sit down I need something between my underwear and the chair i'm sitting on.

mexico is really hot so leggings were never popular here, they are new as a trend to everybody here. i know them cause im into fashion and actually im studying fashion design. if i have worn them before i would look totally ridiculous but know i can wear them cause now ppl know them..

I think they work better if you try to tone down the 80s vibe. So instead of black or brights, you could do more muted colors in waffle thermal fabric. Maybe even prairie-girl-ish floral, or with a prairie-girl-ish dress.

as long as the stay as a complimentary piece rather than the focus of the whole outfit theyll end up looking nice. when youre distracted by them and cant focus on the top or the accesories thats when id say that person is a victim.

once i start shopping in shenzhen, china, i quickly start to hate leggings. it's funny..it's so hot here but leggings are going strong. i dislike how girls wear them here...makes them look short and stubby. but i also understand why they wear them, the girls here are rather conservative.

since i wear boxer type underwear, i dont care much if it shows a bit when i wear dresses XD call me a sl*t..i dont care..it feels more comfortable not wearing leggings. and looks better too

Here it comes a proud leggings wearer ^_^

I like them...

First of all is a practical issue: for dresses that are too short, or simply short. I drive a scooter (how very italian of me :D), and I prefer not to show my privates with a rush of wind :blink:. In summer you can't really wear tights (it's over 33°C here in Rome), but leggins are acceptable.

Then there is the fact that in Italy the international trends aren't overly done... so I can wear them without looking as a fashion victim...

Maybe if I lived in the USA I'd feel differently and I'd grow tired of them :innocent:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmo
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->