The Mascara Thread #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Maybelline Great Lash is overrated.

I prefer Lancome Definicils or Christian Dior Maxximeyes.

I just tried Dior Long Optic (sp?) and it wasn't quite what I expected. To this day, the best results I get are with a primer (Burjois). Did MAC come out with some new primer lately? If so, any reviews?

i have been using definicils since i read all of your suggestions and it is truly great... so next question, how often do you replace your mascara?

depends on.. consumption, i dont wear mascara every day, so six-eight months is ok for defencils or other lancome brands :wink:

I've been a Lancome fan for years and have settled happily with Defencils. but reading the posting re Uma being fired as their rep. due to ageism has me worried. Anyone know anything more about it? :angry:

Just read a review of

Shu Uemura Complete Eyelash Beauty

A full decade has passed since Shu Uemura last introduced a new mascara, but clearly it's been time well spent. This two-step system, Lash Repair and a lengthening Drawing Mascara, nurtures the lashes with serious skin-care ingredients. The fatty acids and ceramides in Lash Repair help it live up to its name, while the panthenol and silicone oil in the mascara elevate lashes to a whole new level. At Barneys and Takashimaya.

From style.com

:innocent:

Originally posted by Alliecat@Oct 14th, 2003 - 7:28 am
I've been a Lancome fan for years and have settled happily with Defencils. but reading the posting re Uma being fired as their rep. due to ageism has me worried. Anyone know anything more about it? :angry:
I only go by how the mascara works for me and don't worry about who reps for whom. So, I'm still sticking with Lancome. I've used Intensils and now Defincils is my current fave.

Has anyone here tried any of the MAC mascaras?

So far my favourite has to be Clinique lash curling but I am currently in the market for something a little cheaper.

yes, i have.
the MAC was fantastic too. i really liked its brush. forgot the name. i htink PRO something. theone that comes in every color :heart:

Prolash is the one you are thinking of :smile:

Another new MAC product is Fibre rich mascara - don't let the display fool you - its a beautiful lengthening & thickening mascara - because of the tiny nylon fibers in it. I applied it so carefully & perfectly the other day that my lashes actually hit my brows when I looked up!

*edited to add - that length is a big deal to me, since I have super short lashes, especially in the middle of my right eye where my daughter pulled half of them out!

Originally posted by kmpagp@Nov 3rd, 2003 - 11:29 pm
Another new MAC product is Fibre rich mascara - don't let the display fool you - its a beautiful lengthening & thickening mascara - because of the tiny nylon fibers in it. I applied it so carefully & perfectly the other day that my lashes actually hit my brows when I looked up!
Hi kmpagp

I am lemming this mascara! How does the Fibre Lash macara rate in terms of holding curls? I have a friend telling me that she gets flaky bits when she rubbed her eyes.

I have naturally curling lashes, so honestly other than quick applications at my store, my experience with it holding the curl is limited. I have found that it holds curl beautifully on other artists!

And yes, it probably will flake if you rub your eyes - those fibres attach to your lash by the mascara alone, and not glue, so they WILL come off - just don't rub your eyes!

I've seen the fibre lash ad you're referring to and it didn't make the product look appealing at all! If it isn't that clumpy then maybe I'll give it a try. Does MAC make a curling mascara?

what's the best mascara you've ever tried? for long, thick eyelashes?
anyone tried Maybeline's? or BeneFits bad gal mascara? i've seen their commercials but i'm a li'l too hesitent after hearing about this girl who used Maybeline's mascara & noticed that her lashes were falling afterwards :shock:

currently, i use Lancome & HR

DIORSHOW is fantastic too. it was limited for a time then they put iit into production!!! :woot:

Maybelline's "Blackest Black" has made my lashes weaker than ever, clumps, and rubs off entirely too easily!

I would give a suggestion for something else, but I'm on the search for one myself!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ross640
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->