The Mascara Thread #2

My favourite mascara is about to run out - LashGasm by Too Faced. I don't want to pay 20€ for a new tube though... does anyone have any recommendation? I used to like Rimmel's stuff but haven't used any in a couple of years, so Rimmel recommendations would be very welcome!

My favourite mascara is about to run out - LashGasm by Too Faced. I don't want to pay 20€ for a new tube though... does anyone have any recommendation? I used to like Rimmel's stuff but haven't used any in a couple of years, so Rimmel recommendations would be very welcome!
I don't know about Rimmel mascaras, I'm not a fan of them really, but lately I've been using Soap and Glory's Thick and Fast and it's great- very black and builds up easily with minimal clumping, you should check it out if you can get your hands on it!

I used Rimmels Sexy Curves a couple years back and loved it, I couldn't get it anymore so I stopped using it. Not sure if they still sell it but it was brilliant.

I can't get Soap and Glory here, unfortunately :( I shall check if they still do that one, daniellat!

Rimmel Sexy Curves is one of my favourites too, along with Extra Wow Lash. I found they work great for me!

and talking about rimmel, i got that new scandaleyes retro glam mascara the other day. I might try it tonight. Will tell you was it any good :smile:

Benefit They're Real! is my new favourite mascara! :woot:

Can someone recommend a mascara that really works as defining your lashes? You know, best defining mascara? I hate all that clumpy, thick unreal look that most mascaras do..

Maybelline One by One Volume Express. I absolutely love it, it defines every single lash without clumps. Pretty much perfect.

Tommygirl
I tried that mascara you recommended and it is good! I love the wand! Thanks for the tip!^_^

My new favorite mascaras if you are looking for volume & length
Too Faced Better than Sex
L'Oreal Miss Manga ( pink one)

I swear by them

I'm currently using Charlotte Tilbury, I think it's called 5-star mascara. I like it for a natural look. I am getting some transfer under my eyes as the day wears on.

I think the best I've tried are DiorShow and DiorShow Iconic Curl.

Before this I was using a MAC mascara that definitely had a learning curve. What I liked about it was that it sealed well & was comfortable to wear. Let me figure out which one it was ... In Extreme Dimension 3D Black.

I am loyal to many different products, but somehow I never feel I've found the perfect mascara.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been unfaithful to every mascara in my life. Some products are great at first, then let you down a month later, others take a while before they 'dry out' and then become temporarily perfect. Some brands needlessly reformulate, others cruelly discontinue, and there are constant "innovations" arriving in the stores every month.

^ That may be the issue ... the changing consistency of mascara. By the time you get rid of it, normally you're mad because it's become irritating, flaky, dryish, or otherwise imperfect. If they could just fix that ... maybe even by tracking how long it's been open and locking it :wink:

I should also say re the transfer that I do have oily skin & (of course) wear eye cream. I have seen the recommendation to not wear eye cream during the day to avoid transfer. Whaaaaa?!?!

That would be like jumping off a cliff to achieve the holy grail of stopping the aging process.

Last edited by a moderator:
^ I have the same problem with panda eyes, the only mascara that is resistant enough is Benefit Roller Lash, but I don't like the effect all that much - or the lack of it (it doesn't curl the lashes at all and I want more volume). I've invested in Georgio Armani Eyes to kill WP a few days ago, but I haven't yet received it. Expect a report in a few weeks. :wink:

Lancôme Hypnose WP mascara is by far closest to perfection ...

The panda thing is a bit of an anomaly for me ... I don't usually get it. I also don't wear WP, I just find it too big of a pain to get off & not worth it to me. Have you tried DiorShow Iconic Curl? It has a bit of a learning curve (no pun intended :wink:), but I ended up really liking it.

I did a few years ago and back then the formula was really irritating (I am wearing contact lenses and have very sensitive eyes). But I think they've changed it, because the packaging is different now. I might try it again sometime. :smile:

I have sensitive eyes too, but no contacts! I just hate putting them in, plus they don't correct my astigmatism, so they throw off my balance. Some years ago I decided it just wasn't worth it ...

I was just reading something about a Dior makeup event where it was referred to as Iconic Overcurl, which I assume means they've reformulated. Just so they didn't ruin it ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->