The Official "I Did NOT Get In and I Need Some Encouragement!" Thread

FYI:
For Americans:
if you're applying to big schools meaning , big like Rutgers, Northwestern, Boston College, UCLA and the like you get rejected ...
apply to a community college, i know it sux but do that regardless...
BUT you must take challenging courses in Math or Science or both with other subjects... get that grade to a 3.0 or better ...
get an associate degree but you must possess excellent grades then reapply to a 4 yrs college...

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a shame. What other places did you reply to? Any chance of those?
I applied to a bunch, but my top three were 1)yale 2)northwestern 3)nyu. so far i've been rejected from the first two, haven't heard from NYU yet. i have usc and barnard that i liked as well, and then some more schools i'm okay with. i got rejected from boston university today too, (and i was expecting to get in there, because my scores/grades were totally on par with them) so this week just blows, seriously. at this point, i havent gotten in anywhere that i really want to go to, so im started to get really freaked out/scared that maybe i've done everything totally wrong... not to melodramartic :P

Just let it roll .. you've done what you could ... let the universe do it's thing now.

I'm sure something will work out for you, even if it's not your top choices. You'd be surprised about the way some people "make it" ... often not through the conventional schools or the top schools. But they find a way to get there, and I'm sure you will too.

There's an old saying ... "When one door closes another one opens!" ... and it's true ... you just have to keep your eyes and mind open to that next opportunity.

in the us going to a communiny college if you take the core courses for 2 yrs will get you into a cal or uc college ..
IF YOU ARE IN ENGLAND JUST WORK, WORK , WORK CASH IN YOUR 2.00 POUNDS IN THE USA AND YOU WILL BE RICH

THE USD IS WORTH .50 CENTS IN LONDON

USC=UNIVERSITY OF SPOILED CHILDREN -university of second choice
relative to Walmart Fam had somebody writing her papers, Carine's son and Stravos..ugghhh

This happened to me too! not the same school, let just sayIi wasnt really suprised when I saw it was the little letter but I was still messed up for about a week but You do get over it and you can transfer..right?

Yale was the school I REALLY wanted to go to. I was even considering transferring there my sophomore year but now I've just moved on and realized I probably wouldn't have fit in there. Still, when anyone mentions that school's name I immediately get pissed off for some reason. :lol:
same :D its totally unfair, childish, ridiculous, and immature but now i hate everyone who gets in there! haha but i'll get over it.
thanks BetteT, hopefully everything will work out :wink:

Keep the faith guys :flower: A bunch of people I know ended up being rejected from their first choices and LOVE where they are going to school ^_^ Maybe it's for the best and you just don't know it yet!

In my case, I applied to one school and got in, and I really don't like it as much as I thought I would. I regret not having applied to another program because I might just switch there once I'm done with my BA. So just shows that sometimes taking risks and settling for something else might be the best decision you'll ever make :flower:

Keep the faith guys :flower: A bunch of people I know ended up being rejected from their first choices and LOVE where they are going to school ^_^ Maybe it's for the best and you just don't know it yet!

In my case, I applied to one school and got in, and I really don't like it as much as I thought I would. I regret not having applied to another program because I might just switch there once I'm done with my BA. So just shows that sometimes taking risks and settling for something else might be the best decision you'll ever make :flower:

I TOTALLY agree, I only applied to one school which I knew I would get into. I wish I would have pushed myself more. My school is well known, for it's sports and partying, big time. Definatly don't get discouraged (I know it's hard!!) but remember you're just not meant to go there
:heart:

Well I would also suggest that if there is somewhere you are really passionate about....some schools have appeal systems. When I transferred to the uni I am at now I was not accepted and I called them and asked why. They had a cut off average of 75% and I was transferring from a school that was at par or better academically and my average was 74.8% I wrote them a letter appealing their decision and I got in and my grades have also improved by quite a bit so.....

Well I would also suggest that if there is somewhere you are really passionate about....some schools have appeal systems. When I transferred to the uni I am at now I was not accepted and I called them and asked why. They had a cut off average of 75% and I was transferring from a school that was at par or better academically and my average was 74.8% I wrote them a letter appealing their decision and I got in and my grades have also improved by quite a bit so.....
doesn't appealing actually work? i've heard about that from a few colleges but i don't know if it would actually work...

A lot of our school's guidance counselors stress the advantage of transferring... when you transfer, you are a lot likelier to get in as you aren't thrown in with the regular applicants for number reasons, and your SAT scores don't count; not to mention, most early college grades are better than high school ones. So just because you didn't get in to your first choice the first time, don't rule out ever going there. :flower:

In fact, one of the wealthiest doctors in my town went to community college, then transferred to Virginia Tech. :flower:

like I said, appealing worked in my case.

Transferring is tricky though. Lots of peoples marks go down first semester and the spaces are way more limited for transfers, depending where you want to go. I wanted to transfer to a small liberal arts college in the US and they only admitted 2 transfer students (some schools don't even accept transfers at all) and needless to say, I wasn't one of them

Yeah, transferring is probably not the best idea for private and small colleges.

Virginia has a special arrangement between the community colleges and the four year colleges, so nearly everyone who applies transfer is admitted. :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vejjehejrh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->