The Official "I Did NOT Get In and I Need Some Encouragement!" Thread

Yeah, transferring is probably not the best idea for private and small colleges.

Virginia has a special arrangement between the community colleges and the four year colleges, so nearly everyone who applies transfer is admitted. :flower:

Also like smartarse mentioned, there are lots of community colleges in California that are designed to transfer into UC schools provided you maitain a certain average.

I truly believe that everything happens for a reason & that there will be an amazing, exciting opportunity waiting for you all right around the corner :smile:

Just remember to keep your chin up and keep smiling!

^ May I ask, eternitygoddess, what your high school resume is like? I'm sure everything will work out for you and everyone who is having a hard time

yes I was just going to say that ybf! The cali system is designed for community colleges to give you some education or feed into the UC's....

^ May I ask, eternitygoddess, what your high school resume is like? I'm sure everything will work out for you and everyone who is having a hard time

Hmmm...good SAT scores. GPA not 4.0 but above 3.7, considering all the colleges class I'm taking.

I think my leadership and volunteer work and GAZILLION national awards were lacking a little.

i know a girl who was rejected from the whole Cal State system she tried to transfer from a community college she ended up just going to FIDM

^ it also depends on the major. and the state one's applying within...

*i received a resume once where the applicant had a community college 2 semesters than transfered to a more accredited university for her remaining 3 yrs. and the major was BA minor in anthropology.

I go back to boarding school tomorrow, which is where all my college letters are being mailed (I still have 9 to hear back from) and so I prey come Monday I will be posting in the other thread, and not this one :ninja:

mundodabolsa - actually, It did help :smile:.
And I agree with you softgrey, why hasn't anyone thought of this thread before?

Btw, what are you guys thinkning, should I move to London or New York? NYC feels sooo far away from home and I'm just turning 19 hah.. but it since the industry is bigger there.. I don't know, what do you think?

You should go to the one that feels right to you.

Have you ever heard Oprah tell how she decided to go to Chicago? If not, I will try to recap :P She knew it was time to move on from Baltimore, which she'd always known was just a stopover, and was thinking about where to go next. The song "Chicago, Chicago" popped into her head, and she knew that was where she should go. Everyone told her, you don't want to go there, it's the third market, you want to go to NY, the first market.

Well, she's done pretty well in the 3rd market :smile:

I got rejected from NYU.
I'm going to look into how I can appeal, because right now I just want to crawl under my covers and go to sleep and not wake up (I'm not being melodramatic at all! :P)

Don't be discouraged eternitygoddess!!! Sooo many of my friends haven't gotten into the schools they wanted this year, its crazy. I'm wondering who actually DID get into some of these schools..

You'll end up at the right school for you, even if its not what you originally pictured or hoped for. :flower:

Don't be discouraged eternitygoddess!!! Sooo many of my friends haven't gotten into the schools they wanted this year, its crazy. I'm wondering who actually DID get into some of these schools..

You'll end up at the right school for you, even if its not what you originally pictured or hoped for.
flowers.gif

I know the odds are overwhelming. but ALL 7? Jesus. There must be something quite inadequate about my resume to get rejected by ALL of them.

I feel like sh*t. There goes 4 years of hard work.

^I feel you.
I was rejected from 5 out of 6 of my reaches, and both of my good-matches. It's so depressing, I feel like I did something completely wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know the odds are overwhelming. but ALL 7? Jesus. There must be something quite inadequate about my resume to get rejected by ALL of them.

I feel like sh*t. There goes 4 years of hard work.

i'm rather baffled myself...
what subjects did you take in high school? and what were your 7 reaches? if you dont mind listing them.

I mean that is the point of reaches non? They are reaches. It's not a sheer numbers game, ie the more I apply to the higher my chances of getting in. They are reaches because you are not in their median applicant pool. That of course doesn't diminish the sting but it doesn't mean you are inadequate in any way.

^ I was just about to say the same thing ^_^

I mean, I'm applying to Brown with my no sports playing, 3.85 GPA self... and I mean, c'mon; it's Brown! I'm hoping for the best, but not expecting it, if that makes any sense.

eternitygoddess, I'm sure you'll get into most/all of your good matches, and all of your safetys, as that's what they're there for!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roller69
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->