The Return of the Waist

^ :lol: Nice logic!

Well, I'm up for the return of the waist :P I've been re-acquainted with my belts this year as most of you know. Only 2" belts though. I have to yet to try an obi or a really wide belt, but I'm not ruling it out...

On the other hand, I don't want to let empire waist go though either. I'll "play the field".

Soft - are you belting over mulitple layers? I've only done it over one layer or two thinner layers. Could that play into it feeling uncomfortable?

high-waisted pants immediately make me think of z cavariccis from the 80's, and that is bad.

i totally felt the belted-waist thing coming though... and i have to say, in the right context, i like it!

fff...you are too funny...:rofl:...

curious...here is an example...
:ermm:...

*also ...
if the belts aren't tight...
then don't you feel like they constantly move and need to be readjusted throughout the day...
especially when you sit and stand?...

:huh:...:blink:...

friggin nice miss grey. I really really like this look. Its working very well.

I find anything cinching my waist very uncomfortable. I wonder how I get over this....

thanks helena...:blush:...
i've been in the closet for a couple of days....

but how DO we get past this feeling on confinement???...
look at that oufit i posted...
look at the HIGH NECK and the TIGHT ARMS...
i feel like i am being squeezed and shackled...

i don't know how i am going to deal with that...
:ermm:

Yes I know exactly what you mean. Pride feels no pain miss grey, pride feels no pain (said in my Miss Jean Brodie voice). I guess thats the answer...its never going to be comfortable ...but it looks good so go with it. your Viv shoes would be good with that too, no?

hmm...you can't tell but the boots are 3" heels...
and the viv's are maybe 1/2 that...
i think i would look like a shrimp...:lol:

plus don't you think that might get a bit costumey?...
with the victorian bls, the ruffles and the belt...
at least the boots are simple and chic...
ya know?...
*plus i NEED some rock n roll edge!!...

^_^

softgrey said:
curious...here is an example...
:o GORGEOUS!!!

Hmm... maybe it just takes some getting used to. I can't recall fidgeting with the belt itself, but I do sometimes have to readjust the layers underneath after sitting. It's generally just a tug on the bottom of the tops though... and I usually have to do that with or without the belt :lol: Then there's the issue of how tight to belt. I do feel constricted and uncomfortable if I belted too tight and I do have layer adjustment issues if it's belted too loose too. Goldilocks syndrome :P

One other thing that comes to mind is the width of the belt. The ones I've done successfully recently have been about 2" inches and they nestle just perfectly at my waist. I often wonder if a wider belt might be more uncomfortable because it doesn't fit that "nook" as well. Just a theory in my book. I have nothing to corroborate, unfortunately...

softgrey said:
hmm...you can't tell but the boots are 3" heels...
and the viv's are maybe 1/2 that...
i think i would look like a shrimp...:lol:

plus don't you think that might get a bit costumey?...
with the victorian bls, the ruffles and the belt...
at least the boots are simple and chic...
ya know?...
*plus i NEED some rock n roll edge!!...

^_^

yes maybe you are right actually.....but not about the shrimp part!!!:rolleyes: Mad woman.:woot:

yes the rock n roll element is good with the victoriana thing.....

it's going to take some getting used to i guess...*sigh*

curious...that is what i am talking about...
adjusting the layers ...
it kind of annoys me...

i'll have to try some other belts and see if they feel any better i guess...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porcelainbackbone
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->