looking for jeans that fit--small waist/big bottom

betty_noir

Reaction score
I have two pairs of jeans (of the six or seven I own) that almost fit, which is the best I've come to expect, but I don't much like the rear view in either pair. They are Bongo (size 3) and BDG (size 9)...believe it or not, they are the exact same size and fit....and they are both literally decomposing at the seams.

I have the "butt problem," I guess; my waist is 22", my hips are 28", and the widest bit of my bum is a whopping 38" around! (I'm a perpetual victim of the "waist gap," even with low-rise jeans.) I'm 5'6" and about 125 lbs...it's all fat (no muscle), and it's all in my lower body between the hips and knees...my calves are thin, so normally I wear skirts as much as possible, and am very confident wearing them, but I always feel ugly in jeans. This winter has taught me that I need to own pants, though, especially jeans, but no one seems to make any that fit! I'm happy with how I look...don't have body issues, just clothing issues.....

Can anyone with a similar body type recommend any fabulous brands? I do live in a large city where I can easily find high-end labels (Diesel, Joe's, Miss Sixty, 7, Paper, Denim, etc.), but would like to spend less than $100, if possible!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah hah! I, too, have a jean problem. I've been wondering where I could complain about it...I hardly ever find jeans that fit, because if one size fits me on one pair, the next 300 won't. I have really thin legs and small hips, but my legs are unproportionally long compared to the width of my legs and hips (which may sound great to a lot of people, but it's absolutely horrible. Dead serious.) Very few jeans fit me. If they fit on one style, they won't fit on the next, and I'm very particular about my jeans. What really breaks my heart is that I can't fit into a single pair of PD&C jeans...Anyone have this problem?

Anyways, I think a good high-waisted stretch jean would solve your problem... Try 7's? They're a little cliche now, but I think they should work. If not, Citizen's or AG Jeans might work too...

Last edited by a moderator:
yup!

i have your exact problem...
thin waist, biggish *** / thighs.

i have two words for you.. TROUSER CUT! :woot:

i find low rise rigid jeans in trouser / flare cut fit me well...

lowrise - because i get the "waist gap" if the rise is higher
trouser cut - pretty generous fit around the thigh area..
flare cut - it flares out at the bottom to balance out the big butt

seven's rigid DOJO fits me well.
anything else from seven makes me look fat.
with the exception of rigid flare in NRI, maybe.

COH's rigid faye is also another trouser cut denim.

for cheaper denim,
try mavi's marie. they are under $100, comes in tons of different washes, materials and inseam lengths (30, 32, 34)

i heard paperdenim's jeans are good for pp with thick thighs but i havent tried them on because i dont like their style....
AG's legend looks great, but i havent had a chance to try them on... maybe you should try those. hope this helps :flower:

eightyeightkeys said:
Ah hah! I, too, have a jean problem. I've been wondering where I could complain about it...I hardly ever find jeans that fit, because if one size fits me on one pair, the next 300 won't. I have really thin legs and small hips, but my legs are unproportionally long compared to the width of my legs and hips (which may sound great to a lot of people, but it's absolutely horrible. Dead serious.) Very few jeans fit me. If they fit on one style, they won't fit on the next, and I'm very particular about my jeans. What really breaks my heart is that I can't fit into a single pair of PD&C jeans...Anyone have this problem?

Anyways, I think a good high-waisted stretch jean would solve your problem... Try 7's? They're a little cliche now, but I think they should work. If not, Citizen's or AG Jeans might work too...

:o small hips, long and lean legs.. thats your problem!?!?!
ahhh i envy you!!
anyways. i see a lot of companies making jeans with 36 inseams thesedays..
(hudson's super model jeans run from 36-38:ninja: )
i dont know how thin/tall you are but maybe you should try those..?

I'm not sure what my inseam is, but I know that a lot of jeans that are supposed to be pretty long barely get past my ankle, which isn't so attractive when you're wearing socks (especially if I bend my legs or something...) And really, it's nothing to envy over or whatever. I'm 5'8" and (don't hurt me) 90 pounds---and it is completely not by choice, so before anyone assumes anything, I'm not anorexic. My legs are so freakishly long and tiny that people stare sometimes. A lot of times, actually. So yeah.... thanks for the reference! I've never heard of Hudson's supermodel jeans, but I'll check 'em out... Thanks!

eightyeightkeys said:
I'm not sure what my inseam is, but I know that a lot of jeans that are supposed to be pretty long barely get past my ankle, which isn't so attractive when you're wearing socks (especially if I bend my legs or something...) And really, it's nothing to envy over or whatever. I'm 5'8" and (don't hurt me) 90 pounds---and it is completely not by choice, so before anyone assumes anything, I'm not anorexic. My legs are so freakishly long and tiny that people stare sometimes. A lot of times, actually. So yeah.... thanks for the reference! I've never heard of Hudson's supermodel jeans, but I'll check 'em out... Thanks!
that was me in high school; a couple inches shorter, but I didn't break into triple digits until college...no matter what or how much I ate. I was always picked on for being so bony; hid in stalls to change for gym class, so jealous of the girls who had curves...I look back at the baggy jeans and oversized flannels I hid under then, wish I had had ANY fashion sense back then!

I found the jeans today: plastic by gly, size 9. Not only do they fit around a dropped waist, but they're totally long enough, and make my but look tiny!!! Go Jasmine Sola!

Just wear some fine underwear, that tights you up a little.
Then put the attrachtion of the jeans and on your waist of somewhere.
Keep the jeans into one color and maybe some heels ?
If you give the jeans more lenght, your bottom looks smaller.

It isn't about the perfect brand or jeans,
it's about the way your wear it. And trust me,
you aren't the only one. Have some faith.
Do your own thing and smile. A smile gives the style 10 point more!

Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amywhiffen
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->