The Curvy Thread

I've found great jeans at Esprit. They've got quite a few models to choose from and three lenghts IIRC. I've got a relativly small waist and larger hips too - the model I bought was called Denver, I think.

^^

Lucky Jeans have done me well so far. I do have some 100% cotton jeans in other brands, but I like the slight stretch Lucky has for my hips and thighs.

Most of the time, I cant avoid taking in the waist though.

Thanks frk-frost:flower:

Does anyone know where I can get good jeans for an hourglass figure?

Dresses are frustrating...I have big boobs,a small waist and big hips and no one size fits particularly well,belts are becoming a god-send :smile:

Keep the suggestions coming re. jeans :flower:! I have the same question, it's been ages since I last shopped for jeans.

I love the Joe's socialites and Pagie denim is good as well.

Does anyone know where I can get good jeans for an hourglass figure?

I have the same issue... Small waist, big hips - the only jeans I can work with right now are my Levi's... After having my baby girl I've kissed my Sass & Bide skinnies goodbye, lol. I just don't think they're flattering on me anymore. I have lady humps!

:rofl:

I'm so curvy. My bone structure is really slim, so my boobs look huge on my small frame. Hate that. And my butt looks huge. I have a very small waist, and also kinda narrow shoulders... I look so tacky when wearing tight-fitting clothes, there's just boobs and butt all over the place if I wear a body con dress :doh: I do everything to minimize my bust, I wear sports bras all the time. It's been months since I've worn a regular bra. It's not that I don't like my body, I just don't like the attention that comes with it while wearing certain types of clothes.

BTW I find the jeans that suit me the most (guess it's hourglass figure? My hips aren't very wide though) are semi high waisted skinny jeans. Can't wear boot cut or wide leg jeans because my legs are to long. It just looks akward.

As well as giving away the thought of skinny jeans, I've also realised button down shirts look strange on me because they stretch over my chest :doh: So annoying :lol:

^ Yes, I gave up on the buttoned shirts a few years ago :wink: The only ones that work are the ones with smocking. My sister has one, I've seen them in photos on other people, but somehow I never seem to find them in the stores ...

It took me ages to realize that button down shirts were so, so wrong for me. I still wear the occasional one, but only in an emergency. Is there any way (other than unbuttoning the shirt to make a 'v' at the neck) to make them not look so bad? Maybe jewelry or sweaters?

I think with a nice v-neck sweater it would look nice :flower: I try to avoid high neck sweaters though, as they have a tendancy to just hug my chest and make it look larger than it is :lol:

I'm so curvy. My bone structure is really slim, so my boobs look huge on my small frame. Hate that. And my butt looks huge. I have a very small waist, and also kinda narrow shoulders... I look so tacky when wearing tight-fitting clothes, there's just boobs and butt all over the place if I wear a body con dress :doh: I do everything to minimize my bust, I wear sports bras all the time. It's been months since I've worn a regular bra. It's not that I don't like my body, I just don't like the attention that comes with it while wearing certain types of clothes.

i have the exact same body description as you, and at first i couldn't take all the american men oogling me in clothes that i would wear in australia and no one would care. but now i've just got over it. i'm not going to cover myself up like an old woman. just have confidence and not worry about what people think. having boobs and a butt does not make you tacky!

i started buying european brands as women in europe are more likely to be hourglass shaped.

THANKS a lot, gia!! :love:
now i understand why i feel more comfortable wearing european brand. even highstreet brands like naf naf are quite easy on my curves.

i have the exact same body description as you, and at first i couldn't take all the american men oogling me in clothes that i would wear in australia and no one would care. but now i've just got over it. i'm not going to cover myself up like an old woman. just have confidence and not worry about what people think. having boobs and a butt does not make you tacky!
I don't want that kind of attention, but I guess I should stop caring what other people think (or yell) :lol:

Well see the problem I have is that my boobs are so much larger than the rest of my frame for example I need to go up at least 2 sizes to fit my boobs. It is so annoying and the other thing is I am only curvy on top I have a little bit of a tummy but no but I mean none at all less than a boys and no hips so to fit my front I need to go up a size but the rest of my pants never fit the legs are way to lose and the same things with most sleeves. I bug a lot of BCBG or Max Studio and the best fitting jeans that I can find are actually from target or unisex levis can work but I try and stick to dresses because of this problem.

I think with a nice v-neck sweater it would look nice :flower: I try to avoid high neck sweaters though, as they have a tendancy to just hug my chest and make it look larger than it is :lol:

:lol: I look back on pictures of me in college wearing turtlenecks and I cringe.

Thanks for the tip. For some reason, V-neck sweaters didn't even occur to me. I think maybe because I had a bad experience trying on a cheap one a few years ago (the v somehow stretched out to look like a scoop neck instead), so I put them out of my mind. They're definitely a better option than letting my cleavage hang out at work, though.

I just alter a lot of my clothes. I don't have too big of an issue with button downs though. I mean, my chest isn't huge but it's decent :lol: So I just have to search around a bit more to make sure the buttons don't pull. I actually find Gap button downs fit me quite well across the chest, but it's the shoulders. I'm petite (in terms of height) and I have very small shoulders a lot of shirts get scrunched up in that area.

As for jeans. bleurgh. don't even go there. Again though, Gap and Old Navy seem to be made for my body :lol: They come in multiple inseams, and I find they are the least likely to cause the dreaded gape at the waist band. Seven for me, are the worst. I have an old pair that are kind of cute and slouchy but they don't fit my bum properly at all.

I usually sew the seam on the right side of the buttons on button down shirts up no one can tell and they dont gap it looks great. I am sure a tailor could do it just leave 2 buttons functioning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cg1
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->