The Row : from Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
You either get this line or you don't. It's about quality and fit, more than the way it looks. They are well worth the money in my opinion, they feel amazing on and are all versatile must-haves.

You either get this line or you don't. It's about quality and fit, more than the way it looks. They are well worth the money

I "get" the idea behind the line-- expensive, high quality basics.

I don't think you need to be a fashion expert to recognize that this line is not breaking new ground in design, quality or fit and that the items are similar to existing clothing by other designers.

^You're contradicting yourself then. Why should it be ground-breaking if the point of this brand is to sell BASICS ???? :huh:

I find this a bit lacklustre too. The shapes feel to mid-priced contemporary to me. I could go to Shopbop and get this, in the same fabric, for far less. The shapes and styling feel far less exciting to me than before.

I have to agree that this collection doesn't seem that special or covetable. I think in the previous lookbooks, the presentation generated a kind of aura, and and this time, I find the styling to be lackluster, and the first model to be kind of, um, distracting.

I don't know if that matters but let me precise that those pics are from bergdorf goodman's website; not from any official lookbook from the brand :flower:

yes sorry guys, i forgot to say - they are bergdorfs pictures (which were recently posted on theRow facebook page)

i haven't seen an official lookbook yet for this collection

thanks for the clarification Thefrenchy :flower: :heart:

I personally find myself liking it alot, I usually get one or two key pieces, like others said - for the feel, the comfort and the versatility. The quality is very good and I do end up wearing their pieces over and over again, so imo its very much worth the money.

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought the Walton wrap dress a few days ago but had to return it. I hated it that we had to part. I called the store (harvey nichols) and they said the dress is available in a size 6 UK and I was like 'perfect'! Done deal. I try it on at home and it was massive on me, checked the tag and it was a size 4US! :| It was such a shame. I do have to agree, the quality is unparalleled when it comes to basics. Every piece is undoubtedly a fantastic investment.

I agree that the pix don't look that great, but I'm suspecting these pieces really need to be seen in person ... so much of what they're about is the fabric, and you really can't see it well in these pix.

Now, that you bring the topic of the importance of quality in timeless pieces, I have to say that I have two tshirts from the row. One of them, it's a piece I wear a lot and I'm afraid to say it's not the best quality and after a few times it looked to wasted, just like any other good and less expensive t-shirt (just for the record, I'm not comparing with H&M, Zara or any similar tees).

both my tees are from their first and second collection and maybe they have improved, but the truth is I prefer they're first two collections and the latest, although they have kept the same idea/concept

Last edited by a moderator:
i saw the camden long sweater at barneys today and honestly the pictures do not do it justice, it is the most amazing sweater i've ever seen and incredibly soft. i understand the price point is very expensive but well worth it imo

THE ROW S/S10, from seen-at.blogspot.com

therow.jpg

The Row - Sping/Summer 2010
Ph: Hanna Liden
Styling: Danielle Nachmani
Model: Ursula @ SUPREME
Hair: Kevin Ryan
Make-up: Jeanine Lobell

SUPREMEMANAGEMENT.COM

Hhmm, the photos are quite interesting. The jeans and the white long sleeve shirt look good. I wonder if the sunglasses are a part of the collection. Though I don't like any of them.

Got this from Barney's website.

The Row - Events

The Row
Beverly Hills
Wednesday, December 2nd

The Row
San Francisco
Thursday, December 3rd

The Row
Chicago
Saturday, December 5th

The twins are just phoning it in on this line. This could be any nondescript collection on the sale rack at Nordstrom's.

anyone knows who did the shoes for the pre-fall show??? the row dont have them just yet... right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rodopolfo
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->