The Row : from Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
The jackets are lovely. The jeans...meh. I appreciate the fresher direction they are taking on the cut, but for the prices they charge, I literally have that exact style from Gap in a slightly darker wash.

the looks at the row are so clean and polished.... very antagonic to their own style... for me they look sometimes very messy and dirty! (more mk than ashley)

The Row, the label designed by Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen, will add to the scene during New York Fashion Week next month by staging a presentation, although a specific date and venue have yet to be confirmed. Since all of The Row’s clothes are made in the U.S., Ashley Olsen said she and her sister were happy “to have our first presentation in New York.”

wwd / january 19, 2010

This should be cool, I hope they choose a real minimalist space.

I got a pair of the sunglasses today. Not sure if I'm going to keep them yet.

I was excited about the aviators, but they looked awful on me. The lenses were a tiny bit too close together, so the whole thing looked too small on me. I ended up with the half rimless pair.

I got a pair of the sunglasses today. Not sure if I'm going to keep them yet.

I was excited about the aviators, but they looked awful on me. The lenses were a tiny bit too close together, so the whole thing looked too small on me. I ended up with the half rimless pair.

ooh, i'm really curious to see the packaging they used for their sunglasses (like the sunglass case, box, etc.). definitely post pictures!

ooh, i'm really curious to see the packaging they used for their sunglasses (like the sunglass case, box, etc.). definitely post pictures!

It came with a black case with the letter "R" on it. The case is made of that rubbery waterproof material. Also comes with a black lens wipe. Wish I could find my photo card reader to show pics! :(

I'm still undecided. They look nice and everything, but they look too similar to the Lanvin pair I already have.

therow.com website has launched with lookbooks from pre-spring, spring, and pre-fall 2010...
there's even a "shop" section on there that says an online store is coming soon! :woot:

Their pre-fall collection is so so great. I think I love every pieces. I'm so happy they finally launched the site and that it gives us a look at all their collections. Even the menswear (which is quite underwhelming to be honest...).

I hope they'll ship internationally :(

I love the "look book" photographs on the website! The styling and the models and everything is just so beautiful!

Mary-Kate And Ashley Olsen Take The Web: A Style.com Interview

Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen announced Tuesday that they’ll be putting on their first-ever fashion show next month, but that isn’t their only big story this week. The Row’s new Web site went live today. Created in collaboration with Matthew Daniel Siskin of designedmemory, the interactive design studio behind Chris Benz, Genevieve Jones, and Albertus Swanepoel’s sites, the new therow.com is as subtly cool as one of the designer sisters’ $250 Supima cotton jersey short-sleeved T-shirts. In fact, the site’s different backgrounds are full-frame images of fabrics from the collection. It’s not set up for e-commerce just yet, but the Olsens assure us that it will be by late summer, in time to sell their Fall collection. MK and Ashley get techy with us below.

What are some of your favorite Web sites, and where did you look for inspiration for making yours?
Ashley Olsen: I have to admit we’re not that tech-savvy, but we’re constantly learning and discovering new things on the Web. I check Style.com to look at the collections and love to poke around some of the other fashion blogs to see what’s going on. And, of course, I check nytimes.com religiously and huffingtonpost.com for news. A friend introduced to me to hypem.com, which is an amazing resource to check out new music.

What does the look and the feel of the Web site say about the collection?
Mary-Kate Olsen: We looked at a lot of different Web sites before we started working on our own, and we thought most of them were too loud. We wanted The Row Web site to be subdued and very direct. I think that has been a philosophy behind The Row ever since we started the line. All of the background visuals are high-res images of actual fabric swatches from our collections. We wanted the viewer to really see all of the details of the beautiful fabrics we use—washed red silk charmeuse, the scales of our python skins, our cashmere modals. We wanted it to feel like you could reach out and touch everything.

How did you choose designedmemory and what was the process of working with
them like?

AO: We instantly loved how visual the other sites they had done were—everything felt so tactile. We wanted to keep that tactile feeling but also make sure the site was very simple and easy to navigate.
MKO: Designedmemory really understood The Row’s aesthetic and our personal view that a Web site shouldn’t be too overdone. They understood that we didn’t want it to look too “Webby.” They taught us a lot about what’s possible with technology. Plus, it’s always fun to work with young, ambitious people.

How did working on the Web site compare to other parts of working on The Row? Was the division of labor different than it is when it comes to working on the clothes?

MKO: I was actually very surprised to discover that working on the Web site was very similar to the actual process of designing the collection itself. Designedmemory were amazing collaborators because they truly collaborated with us—we worked on every single piece of imagery and content on the Web site directly. It was a very hands-on experience, which I didn’t expect—it felt more like making a beautiful collage than a Web site team. It was a very intimate experience, which was exactly how we like to work.

—Nicole Phelps

style.com

SCOOP DU JOUR: MARIE AMELIE SAUVE READY TO SNATCH THE ROW

The Row hits the New York Fashion Week runway and if detractors fear the proceedings will lack fashion discipline then they can sleep well tonight. The Hiss Squad swears that mistress of Unflinching Chic Marie Amelie Sauve has reported for styling duties at The Row. Expect a A-list model line-up to say the least.

theimagist

Melissa Ventosa Martin, Market Director

“I can’t wait to see Ashley and Mary-Kate Olsen’s first fashion week presentation for The Row. With Marie-Amelie Sauvé styling and Aaron de Mey and Jimmy Paul dreaming up the beauty, it’s sure to be chic. Also, anxious to see Halston re-imagined by newly appointed creative director and London darling, Marios Schwab.”

Mon., Feb. 15
6:30 p.m., Halston, Stage 37, 508 West 37th St.
Tues., Feb. 16
4:30 p.m. The Row, undisclosed location

-
source: t mag

A word about the next collection...

“The collection is inspired by the incomparable artist Beatrix Ost.” — Ashley Olsen and Mary-Kate Olsen, The Row

- WWD.COM

Some information about their show :flower:

100 people. 20 looks. Chic, simple sophistication. MaryKate & Ashley's first show for The Row dazzled w/ beautifully made coats & dresses

ooh navy snakeskin print dresses jackets skirts #therow #nyfw

long and layered, but all w sandals #therow

The Row highlight: Everything is shown with an elegant flat Grecian sandal. Subdued chic!

twitter.com/mrjoezee/, twitter.com/white_lightning/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rodopolfo
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->