The tFS Book Club (please see rules/guidelines in post #1)

So when do we start reading it? And when do we discuss it?

Unless stannerslove would like to interject...

We start reading on August 9. I think for the time being, Part 1 of the book will be read over the 9th-10th. By August 10th, we should be allowed to discuss it. As far as Part 2 of the book, it will be read over August 11th-12th.

:lol: Unless anyone has a better idea? All suggestions appreciated because I'm just blabbing right about now.

So funny, it just came to my mind that there's an episode from season 2 o 3 of Gossip Girl called "The Unblairable Lightness of Being" :smile:

Great! I've ordered my copy.
Maybe we can put each book name on the thread title as well so we all know what we're doing? 'Cause this thread is gonna be big for sure!:wink:

:woot: New member of the tFS Book Club. I'm so excited to start!

If it helps, I find my Spanish copy online via issu.

Unless stannerslove would like to interject...

We start reading on August 9. I think for the time being, Part 1 of the book will be read over the 9th-10th. By August 10th, we should be allowed to discuss it. As far as Part 2 of the book, it will be read over August 11th-12th.

:lol: Unless anyone has a better idea? All suggestions appreciated because I'm just blabbing right about now.

That is just wonderful idea ^_^
I cannot wate next monday!

And should we got one rule? that possible spoilers in white (?!?!)
Just suggestion.
:blush:

I have an idea to make easier the book's choice: we can create a list of members (in order of appearance in this thread, for example) to have a control of the order. The new members will be added at the end and when we finish the list we will start again. What do you think?

Maybe we can put each book name on the thread title as well so we all know what we're doing? 'Cause this thread is gonna be big for sure!
I like that idea, but I think that one is up to the mods. :unsure:

And should we got one rule? that possible spoilers in white (?!?!)
Just suggestion.

Good suggestion. ^_^ I think most tfsers do that anyway when they type spoilers of any kind but to be clear, we must type it all in white so as not to spoil things for readers lagging a little bit behind.

I have an idea to make easier the book's choice: we can create a list of members (in order of appearance in this thread, for example) to have a control of the order. The new members will be added at the end and when we finish the list we will start again. What do you think?

Right now, stannerslove and I are in the process of book club "rules" and schedules. We haven't yet decided on how we want to pick the next title or who gets to decide what the new title is. Hopefully by Friday her and I will have come up with something solid. ^_^ If anyone has any suggestions about how to help run this thread swimmingly, ALL suggestions are welcome. :flower:

I got my copy for 1p off amazon :D bargin i think so...It should be here by monday i assume

So here is the plan everyone:

Part 1 of the book are to be read on the 9th and the 10th. Then we will post what we think about what we have read on the 11th so we will have all day to post incase some people can't get on at certain times.Part 2 is to be read on August 11th and the 12th. We may begin discussion of Part 2 on August 13th. And so on and so forth.

I'm happy to help out with this thread - seems like a good idea to me. ^_^

My thoughts -

Perhaps there could be a poll to decide each book. When the book has been chosen, people have a week to get themself a copy of the book (as postage can sometimes take longer if you're buying online etc.) Personally I think there should be discussion at the completion of the book, rather than splitting it into parts. It just makes more sense for those who do not come on tFS as often as the others. And gives people time to finish their reading within the deadline without having to rush to finish each 'section' on time.

I would say from the time of announcing the book to the completion of the reading cycle should be around one month. Then at the end of the month discussion can take place, and a new book can be chosen at the beginning of the next month.

What do you guys think?

If that is the case, the book that has been chosen for August is:

The Unbearable Lightness of Being by Milan Kundera (deadline for reading & open discussion is 25th of August)

note: new book suggestions will be open on 29th August - poll started 31st of August & new book chosen 2nd of September

Last edited by a moderator:
^ I agree with you. I often find it easier to understand the book if I've read it in large chunks. Although I'm open to discussion in between. But maybe when discussing before its official we put the part or chapter in black so people can then decided if they want to highlight the white text.

^ I like that idea, so for example -

Chapter 7 (may contain spoilers)

(in white) I really liked the part when.... blah blah blah...

^ good idea belowen as i for one know im a very slow reader a month is a better time goal for me to read a book in, also people can read at there own paces when they have free time etc. good thinking simple and works, heres one vote for your idea :flower:

Who would rather having one big discussion after reading it like on a set date or would rather do it chapter by chapter?
The poll sounds good so since its your idea Belowen, why don't you do that for the next book?

I think it should be fine if some want to discuss or share their thoughts here chapter by chapter although by the end of the pre-set deadline we are to have a compulsory discussion of the book we've decided on. :smile: I already have the file of the book BTW I'm just waiting to start on the same day as everyone else ^_^

Great idea! I'm in. I've been pretty busy with school these days, but I'll try to finish it on time :D. And I think it's better to complete the book before discussing it :flower:

So am I the only one who likes the idea of discussing it chapter by chapter? I think it would be more like a group thing, discussing the whole book reminds me too much of book websites like goodreads or amazon even.

well like as you go along anything you want to talk about u can do in white then final group discussion at end maybe?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->