'The Undereye Thread' concealers, and tips that you must know !

^Becky, I think they are called 1, 2 and 3. I'm not sure but when I asked for #2, I got the one I usually use at YSL.:flower:

I just bought Bobbi Brown's creamy concealer this past weekend...and I love it!!! I highly recommend it.

I like the MAC concealer. It comes in a little pot and it works like magic. The liquid wand ones tend to suck!

has anybody tried the nars one? it has a prep cream on the other end,and the concealer on the other...

What do you guys think about "Ooh La La lift" from Benefit?? I bought it at Sephora, and it only makes my eye bags a tad lighter, it's still noticable =( I'm wondering if I put it on wrong??

I also have this under eye cream from Biotherm hydra-detox..I don't think it's working for me either....=(

belleza said:
i need help :cry: i got dark circles around my eyes but my mother thinks am too young to be using eyecreams , am 19 ......

i just wanted to know do eye-creams really work ????! are they worth it ?:unsure:

dior has one for young skin. it has been created to protect, and reduce puffiness and darkness.

also get a high pigment concealer

snowcarina said:
has anybody tried the nars one? it has a prep cream on the other end,and the concealer on the other...

Yes I have. It worked very well on me, the only downpoint was that the one I bought turned out to be a little too dark to suit me, but overall it covered dark circles very well and still looked natural :smile:

*BergdorfBlonde* said:
^Becky, I think they are called 1, 2 and 3. I'm not sure but when I asked for #2, I got the one I usually use at YSL.:flower:

Thanks for the advice :flower:

I think I need 1.... I have very pale skin...

Ack, I guess I have no choice but to actual make time to go to the makeup counter, lol

does anyone know what's better?: applying undereye concealer with your finger or using a concealer brush? thanks!

Personally i prefer using my fingers because even when i use a brush, i have to tap it in the end for a smoother result. :wink:

Just don´t forget the inner corner of the eye (near the nose) and to use a bit of powder to set the concealer in the end.

I have to put under eye concealer when I leave the house, it is my must have makeup item. I swear by Laura Mercier's Secret Concealer and the Creme Eye Colour Brush.

I recommend applying eye cream first and apply secret concealer 2-3 minutes after using the brush.

My choice: Issima Precious Light Smoothing Illuminator

I've been using YSL's Touche Eclate no.1 (which was the first shade they introduced) for years, because it was simply the only concealer that worked somehow for my dark circles - compared to what I tried else (like Clarins - too pink, Dior or Sisleya - too grainy: none of them worked, neither the colour nor the consistence).

But since I had had a make up done at the Guerlain counter and the lady applied the Issima Illuminator in shade no. 10 (beige clair) on me, I couldn't wait to finish my very last Touche Eclat. (I am pretty fair with slight yellow undertones). The Issima pen looks similar like the Touche Eclat and works with brush, but I usually apply it with the brush, wait for some moments and pad it with my fingers.

So today, I bought this outrageously expensive Guerlain concealer and I am very happy with it. It's really better, the shade is perfect for me and I can feel the moisturizing effect - I can't believe I've been using something chalky like Touce Eclat for years! And the best:
it wouldn't show white circles in artifical lighting or on pictures taken. Plus: it has a super staying power, you don't need to re-apply this one a couple of hours later - it's still there!

I don't know, if it's against the TFS rules - but I can also recommend the makeupalley.com for consumer reviews on concealers.

I have the worst case of under eyes dark circles, and i guess it's genetic because everyone in my family has it :angry: I've use every products under the sun and last year I found Chanel Eye Tonic. Frankly (sp?), it's the best for me. I use it every morning under my concealer and they almost ( ya...almost :angry: ) disappeared. So, I would recommend it ^_^

Under Eye Help!

I'm only 16.. and have these horrible dark under eye BAGS!! They make me look sick and always tired.. I hate them. And I have horrible skin also, uneven, acne brone, oily, and full of acne scars. :-( So I always wear makeup to TRY (unsuccessful) to cover them. And whenever I wear concealer under my eyes, it just seems to crease up and make it look worse.

View attachment 127743

NASTY EYE BAGS! ^ :-(

View attachment 127744
View attachment 127745

HORRIBLE SKIN AND ACNE SCARS! ^ :-(

Does anyone have any solutions for either of my problems? Any help would be VERY appreciated! :-)

fleur137 said:
Hey has anyone tried that Clean & Clear stick concealer thing? Does it work?
From what I have learned, no drugstore make-up brands tend to work that well, and they don't stay on for long.

I rarely use concealer. I find that if I get my sleep, I'm all right in that area... thank goodness...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amywhiffen
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->