'The Undereye Thread' concealers, and tips that you must know !

Welcome Alina :flower:

What are you trying to achieve with an eye cream? Do you have dark circles? Prevent aging? This info would be helpful in recommending a cream :flower:

thanks for replying hipkitten, u'r a darling!

mainly i'm looking to get rid of dark circles around the eye. should i be worried about preventing ageing since i am 17? all the info i can get will be helpful since i'm clueless about skin care pretty much!

You might want to check out The "under eye" thread for loads of great tips :flower:

My husband has dark circles and is currently using Chanel's Eye Tonic. He seems to be really happy with it, so maybe check it out! :flower:

As for preventing aging – you’re never too young to start!

Help My Hubby!

Here's the deal: My husband has dark circles under his eyes, something he's had since childhood. He's tried a ton of concealers, and he's just not happy with them. I was wondering if anyone knew of a good concealer that a man can use discreetly - obviously he doesn't want to look like he's wearing make up. Any help would be appreciated! :flower:

Couture_Whore said:
Does anyone know of a good eye cream to use under concealer so that the concealer goes on smooth and also moisturizes? My skin seems to get dry under my eyes from the concealer. Thanks!

I love Chanel Age Delay Eye. It does help stay on concealer. If you find dark circles, apply first the roll on Chanel for dark circles, massage gently and pat around your eyes, then apply age delay eye.

After that I use now (1 week already) stick concealer from YSL. Love it.:wink:

benefit has a great line for under eye circles, i think its called "eyecon" and "lemon-aid" is awesome for brightening your eyes

I have pretty bad dark circles under my eyes.... (Thanks Mom! :yuk:)
I've tried a lot of things, but the concealer I've found that works best is Becca. You can find it at Nordstroms & Sephora and they have colors to match ANYONE. I use their tinted moisturizer and stick foundation as well and love it!
The concealer is double sided with a medium coverage on one side and heavy on the other.
stacy

hi guys. :D i use la prarie concealer and touche eclat and :heart: them. But to be honest i just think loads of water and taking my vitamins help. :flower:

I agree with hipkitten, I always use Eye tonic of Chanel precision since a year. Now my dark circles are dissapear. I dab every night the age delay eye of Chanel.

I know from a friend that the new l'occitane eye cream is also good.

I use Estee Lauder's Advanced Night Repair eye day and night and Clarin's Eye Revive Beauty Flash with it during the day (it needs to be used with an eye creme) they both work really well together.

I posted this under the Richie thread but I reconsidered and thought you all would know more.... you know I'm not trying to be mean because I'm genuinely curious, but do you all notice that in some pics Nicole Richie has really dark circles under her eyes but in other they are cleaned up with what I suppose is some combination of concealer/powder? I wonder how exactly that is accompished because she looks great when 'concealed'-- generally you can't get that drastic results that still look natural and not overly made up!!!

ok I really love vincent longo concealer because its smooth and really good coverage. anyone else?

The best advice I can give for a concealer... is sleep. :smile: If I get my full nine hours, I have not a bag or darkness under my eyes.

Hey has anyone tried the maybelline shine free blemish control concealer? i recently bought it to cover my panda eyes and acne since it has 0.65% salicylic acid. I didn't know this when I bought it cos it never said in the paper back part of the packaging but it said "Do not use under eyes" at the back of the tube and that was the only place where it said that. So what am I supposed to do?

And I'm a complete idiot when it comes to make up. I don't need to put on foundation first before concealer do i?

Has anyone tried that "Hylexin" stuff they are advertising the heck out of in magazines right now?? I have had REALLY bad dark undereye circles every day of my life ever since I was about 9, and no matter how much sleep I get, despite the fact that I eat really healthy, no matter how many eye creams from places like Sephora that I have tried...NOTHING works. I wouldn't even wear makeup if it weren't for these things, and if I didn't have to wear makeup I would be so happy because I'm not fond of the stuff anyways. But if I don't wear it, I will most definitely look like a cocaine addict with these big blueish-reddish-purple circles not just under my eyes but on my eyelids and the skin under my eyebrows too. It's horrible. I've been covering them up with makeup for like 5 years now, but I just want to get rid of them. This "Hylexin" stuff is being touted as like a miracle product or something. Does anyone have any experience with it??

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rare
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->