Theyskens' Theory S/S 11 New York

I somewhere read about a men's collection. Where there any mens pieces in the showroom?

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it runs true to Theory's usual sizing - this being the first season, they had some difficulties as Olivier apparently worked on the patterns based on French sizing and they did the fitting of the clothes afterwards, based on Theory sizing charts... It's been a bit messed up, as the jackets were all labeled a size 38 French, but were running closer to Rochas production (not runway) size 36.

Pants/jeans run a bit larger, particularly those that come in inch sizing (about one inch larger than from labels such as Acne that run small/true to size). The large pleat trousers are meant to be worn baggy so maybe that also results in rather large waist sizes...?!

Personally, I found the collection had some lovely pieces that, if styled correctly would sit perfectly in your closet, Softgrey. I couldn't be bothered by all those pieces that fall more towards the dreamy wood nymph style he went for at Ricci, but there were also great jackets, shirts and easy pants/dresses with Olivier's hand all over them in terms of the cut and proportion. They have the ease of Ann Demeulemeester's clothes with a healthy dose of Parisian chic, which I liked.

cheers tric!
thanks for the info...
i had a feeling things might run small-ish...
i wasn't particularly taken by his Ricci stuff either, but i always lusted after his collections for Rochas and everything i saw from those days was so painfully tiny and narrow...
*i remember i kept ranting that he had to get the fit right or they were going to go out of business...:ninja:
hopefully the partnership with theory will help sort that out, because they are pretty good with fit...
in a different way, of course...but a very successful one...

i am definitely going to check out this collection based on your feedback though...
i trust your judgment and your eye...
the tailored pieces are definitely the pieces that have my attention and i'm looking forward to trying them on...
i get the same belgian meets parisian vibe from them that you describe...
which only makes sense, no?

thanks so much for your honest appraisal...
i am a big fan of olivier's work and i hope this relationship works out well for all parties concerned...

I'm a bit confused. Will this be Theory from now on, or is this under the Theory umbrella?

Will it be sold where all of Theory is sold? Or only at Bergdorf and Barneys?

^I think this collection is separated from the normal Theory line, judging by this:

naptheory.jpg

Screenshot Net-A-Porter.com

Maybe it will be different for the upcoming collections, though.

I can't wait to see this collection in stores (or online, at least) because I think I'll love every individual piece and will definitely have to get some shorts or tops.

^^i agree i think this is a different sort of thing for now...
this is more of a guest collaboration and going forward they've offered him a role within the company from what i understand...

maybe they'll continue to tack his name onto things though? for the extra pull it may have on some fashion lovers?

^Thanks for the helpful info. I hadn't even seen it mentioned on the Theory website!

i actually LOVE the low waist pants. then again, i'm generally on team Tom Ford and this collection is very much in tune with that kind of sexiness :lol:

and i stand by my original comment that Olivier is best off right now working on basics, rather those huge as$ gowns.

^Thanks for the info. I've spent hours lusting over the collection today. I need the velvet wedge pumps in my life. They're fantastic. Anyone want to guess how high the heels are? I doubt anyone would be able to walk in them.

theorypumps.jpg

theory.com

I'm pleasantly surprised by the prices not being significantly higher than Theory in general. However I'm a bit disappointed by the fabric choices as there seems to be a lot that's made of cotton, polyester and viscose. I was hoping the shorts and tops would be silk.

I never took much of Theysken's work seriously when he designed for Rochas, but holy **** this collection is all I would ever need in my wardrobe. Let's hope I bump into him at NYFW and maybe I can sweet talk him into giving me this entire line :wink:

Thank god for that price tag, I'm thinking about getting the velvet shoes but I can't decide between the colors.. the black or the purple

anyone know how the shoe sizes run?

Last edited by a moderator:
... the store I am buying for will sell this with a pretty well-stocked selection.

Tricotineacetat, can you recommend your or any other "brick-and-mortar" store in Europe that will stock the line? Would like to see it in person before buying...

I just answered to your question in private and invite anyone to do so, in case of particular questions on styles etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->