Nina Ricci S/S 09 Paris

this doesn't really say spring/summer to me...
looks more like fall..

and while i get the whole ethereal thing, i agree that a lot of it isn't wearable with the strong shoulder silhouettes and the uneven hems..

i really want to like this collection but i just am not a fan of that short dress with a train look... :ermm:

I'm glad that olivier made something new but still beautiful. it's a beautiful collection.

I actually love the looks with the mannish jacket over a bodysuit or pants. And I love the rest...And frankly, like others, I'm not concerned with the wearability of this. This is very tightly edited, most people will know that.

What's most important, is that Olivier puts out very personal collections, very intense and romantic. And I like that he doesn't compromise. It's been about compromise too much in the last couple of years.

And I have to mention, I've looked at Nina Ricci clothes; they are impeccably made. Some of the daintiest, just mind-blowingly crafted ready-to-wear. Which was not the case with Rochas, by the way.
:flower:

There´re a few dresses that i like. I like the material but what i don´t like on this collection is that every outfit, cut look the same. But in all, nice and interesting.

Gosh, it's just terribly boring to me, nothing really new plus a few repetitive FW 08-like pieces. The runway is very disappointing either, makes the whole thing look very amateurish.

It's incredible:wub: he finally got his groove back after a few seasons of disappointment. Personally, it feels very his own work in the early 00's to me, particularly the hook-eye, button up, Leg-o-muttons Edwardiana looks and the lingerie/slip pieces. It's SO romantic without getting too frilly and there is still that sinister edge that he used to dabble into. All that, and still stays true to the vision of a Nina Ricci girl he established when he took over....It is a perfect balance. Bravo:clap:

i have to agree that this is a somewhat monotonous collection. i wish that he had varied his shapes a bit more and put some different looks in it, not just that tail dress. however, i think those dresses are very, very beautiful and yes, i find them even wearable if a bit of this long tail gets chopped off when it hits stores. i don't see eighties anywhere with those wide shoulders, but, as i have said before, am reminded of a victorian gown. the way they are buttoned and cut, worn with those exquistely made jackets, why shouldn't they be worn on a nice spring day with some simple heels and flowy hair? fashionistas are daring and i trust mr theyskens. hand me one, i'll wear it today. but maybe that is because i never was one who thought that fashion needed to be functional or practical. unfortunately, this is a basic attitude towards fashion and i guess those who want their clothes to suit their everyday lives, won't like this collection whereas those who want their clothes to suit their fantasies will love it.

excuse me!?
I fell in love with Nina Ricci at fall 07 because it was so amazing, cool, wearable, just amazing. This is... well, I won't say horrible, but close to. The huge shoulder-puffs, yuck. I'll admit to that this is great craftmanship though, I like the closeups more than the head-to-toe. I also like the sheer see-through materials, but that have already been done better this season so...

Am I the only one who loves it? I LOVE it! I ADORE it! It's very light and soft. I like that.

I want to love this, I almost love this...it's such a shame that a few lackluster pieces get in the way. That off-white jacket is such a distraction.

Geeez, you can really see just how sloppy and amateur this is with those detail shots.

Not what I expected, but it's fantastic nevertheless. I love how his collections always follow that fairytale theme yet there is something different and unique in each of them.

this is absolutely beautiful
i love everything about it the colors, the cuts, the fabrics..the makeup! so very sensual

The fabric is fantastic. And the flowery prints makes it spring.

I always really love where Theyskens is coming from - his ideas and his own personal style I love, but in the Nina Ricci shows there are only ever a few looks I can genuinely say I like.
I love the first transparent look and the jacket and pair of trousers that follow the same lines - I love that.

I think Olivier Theyskens knows what a girly girl wants, and if you're a girly girl, then Nina Ricci by Olivier Theyskens is for you - the wispy silks and floral prints, the frills and the trainily gowns are all like costumes from an adaption of a fairy tale.
But if I were a girl, I wouldn't be a girly girl, I can appreciate everything about it and I do love what he does, but most of this isn't my style.

I've seen the collection again and now I say it's horrible (excepting the tights). Fabrics and printeds seem very Theyskens' style, you can not think of other designer when you see that patterns... But silhouette is quite disappointing and I don t like the cloths by themselves, for me, it looks ugly.

Last edited by a moderator:
wow i've never been a big fan of theyskens but some of the dresses are simply to die for. especially the ones in pale colors. i love the fabrics, and the shoes are simple but great too.

The models look HUGE wearing those dresses, and it's NOT a good thing.

I'm really disappointed with this collection. :-(

i like one or two looks... overall, i dont like it too much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ze bicho
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->