Nina Ricci S/S 09 Paris

just no....
i hate the shoulder silhouettes,i hate the weird processing of the skirts,everything is just unflattering.....

Two thumbs up!

Dresses that are short in the front, and long int the back... wow, I never thought I would say this, but (on the runway), I am loving it.

Also, the colours are great and the different fabrics complement each other really well. All around, one of my favorite collections so far...

Last edited by a moderator:
ultra-short dresses with floor-length, flyaway trains in the back might look cool on the runway, but let's face it, these dresses would work only on a small majority of women that can afford these clothes, on top of the fact that the question is left unanswered where these clothes will be worn except from (maybe) the red carpet (and at that it would have to be a VERY cool and independently-minded actress/starlet pulling off these looks)? rochas was widely criticized for being a collection consisting only of extremely price-y cocktail dresses and evening gowns, but what it also had were skirt- and pantsuits and separates that any woman could have worn and looked good in. with nina ricci, i don't see who exactly is going to be targeted with these clothes? and who buys it in the end?? certainly this show collection did not answer any questions on who the new ricci girl/woman is. they better have a more customer-friendly proposal up in the showroom.

I agree, despite having loved the collection, it's not costumer-friendly at all. Demi Moore did a dress like that one the red carpet many eyars ago, and it was a disaster.

On the runway, the shoulders and the trains look beautiful, in my opinion, but the problem one would face with this colllection is how to transfer that onto one's everyday life. Basically, I give the show two thumbs up... but at the moment I find myself drawing a big blank as to how this is going to be worn post-runway.

I am so shocked with this collection! It's terrible!

First of all, what happened to the whole whimsical/ethereal aesthetic and the dreamy ambiance of his previous Ricci collections?!

Fall 2007 was by far the BEST, Spring 2008 was SUPERB; then it all started to go downhill at Fall 2008.

Secondly, about 80% of this is unwearable. What woman, that does not have the legs of a 17 year old model, will want to wear these dresses?! And don't even get me started on those shorts! :innocent:

Disappointment of the season for me! I long for the day when Theyskens will go back to whimsical and dreamy collections! :wub:

Just feels too dated. From a Nini Ricci show I have come to expect magic and inspiration :(

It looks like women were ripped out of their dreams and paraded. I love it. But did you notice that the designer is wearing clothing that is much more relevant to current fashion (#29)? It like the gap is widening between street and high fashion, but high fashion is blowing away. L. O. V. E It.

Details
00010m.jpg
00020m.jpg

00030m.jpg
00040m.jpg

00050m.jpg
00060m.jpg

(vogue.fr)

Style.com's Sarah Mower's review
Olivier Theyskens' collection for Nina Ricci was like watching the performance of a long piece of self-referential romantic poetry. It's a world of his own, and to fully appreciate it, you need to know what's gone before in his work: his love of Edwardiana and tail coats; the fluttery, flyaway cutting; the delicate prints and the dusty, organic, woodland-floor palettes he likes.

This season, he said he was "inspired by dance, and dresses that each evolved their own shape; short in the front and long in the back." Though there were some of the flange-sided, jodhpurlike pants Theyskens has been developing for the past few seasons, and a sighting or two of his signature jackets (like an off-white crackle-leather with Victoriana sleeves, or one that was made from blue-gray chiffon), most of the show was devoted to a long sequence of trail-y dresses. Essentially, it was a single silhouette, with a high collar, leg-of-mutton sleeves, and skirts cut away to show long lengths of leg, clad in sheer black tights, walking on high-heeled pumps.

As the dresses came and went on a long runway, the vista of floating trains and looped-up demi bustles had a certain cinematic beauty and technical ingenuity—georgette panels became fused with hosiery to flow from the leg in movement. In all? Exquisite and ethereal though it was, the vision seemed too limited to take Theyskens' talent anywhere new.
Seems like she agrees, that, while beauty can be found here, it's nothing new, or particularly exciting for Theyskens and it certainly isn't taking Nina Ricci into new territory.

its nice and arty but nina ricci was a day wear company this is tooo H/C and weird im sorry but there is no variation and the day wear is just bad . He is a talented designer but his daywear needs a reality check.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakuskoangel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->