Thigh high boots

JsQuared2

Reaction score
So I'm just wondering whether any of you like thigh high boots kust like I do and whether you've found any that doesn't come off as prostitute like. Please post any good reccomendations.By the way is it outdated to wear thigh high boots?

Personally, I dont like them. As you say, they come off prostitute like and tacky.. I guess it depends how you wear them and what they look like.

I love them, esp flat ones. Tshirt-dress, a long necklace & vintage, flat thigh-high boots must be one of my fav combo's.

114.jpg

www.ernest-chausseur.com

dior_me_not said:
Personally, I dont like them. As you say, they come off prostitute like and tacky.. I guess it depends how you wear them and what they look like.

just what i was going to say!!!

^ yeh I definately think they come across really tacky.

dego, those i dislike.. I prefer 60's flat ones, very twggiy and avant garde-ish, but those look plain sl*tty..

How about these ones?I don't think they look that tacky....I'm starting to give up hope on thigh high boots :(

cat30mod.jpg
{crazy4boots.com}

post pics of cool flat ones-- i'm not convinced. i always associate flat thigh high boots with those pointy suede ones from the eighties.

emma peel said:
i always associate flat thigh high boots with those pointy suede ones from the eighties.
Those are exactly the kind I have and love. :ninja:

Beautiful Stranger said:
dego, those i dislike.. I prefer 60's flat ones, very twggiy and avant garde-ish, but those look plain sl*tty..

What is sl*tty about them? Please explain that to me!

Beautiful Stranger said:
Does ain't BAD, but why can't you go with flat ones?

Because flat thigh hight boots look incredibly boring?

"sl*tty" by association with streetwalkers/hookers (see: Pretty Women) and how they are worn and easily fits into vinyl, leather, or just high-heeled boot sexual fetishes.

i think if they are flat they are associated moreso with riding boots than streetwalking--especially if pants are worn with them and tucked inside of the boot versus wearing short-shorts and miniskirts.

What does a sexual fetish have to do with "sluttyness"?

givenchy are doing some for a/w 07 that are a bit similar to the ones dego posted. they lace completely up the back.

45GF.jpg
46GF.jpg

47GF.jpg
51GF.jpg

http://www.***************/image/2007/Q1/030120071032488224.jpg http://www.***************/image/2007/Q1/030120071032537357.jpg
givenchy.fr/elle

Last edited by a moderator:
Dego said:
What is sl*tty about them? Please explain that to me!

Because flat thigh hight boots look incredibly boring?

Well, i don't care if they're givenchy or not, they look sl*tty and cheap. The mixup of the high heel and the fact that they go up to your breasts is a pretty bad combination IMO. Kinda why you shouldn't mix up a supershort skirt w/ a really low-cut top.

Now, for the flat thigh high boots, i think i still haven't seen a "boring" pair. And i'd prefer to look boring over, as you don't get "sl*tty", "like a prostitute" anyday.

Prostitues also wear knee high boots, should we consider knee high boots "hookerish" too?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pocahuntresss
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->