Thrift Scores

I've been going back and forth to Fly Boutique, and im eyeing the same black/grey tweed Dior sport coat, it's old, smells weird, and the lining, that is white, is now all yellow, especially under the arms :sick:, it's not cheap, and it doesn't fit that well, but im willing to get it and re constructing the lining, the shoulders and everything, and use it as my vintage project for next quarter in school, when we should buy a vintage piece, take a picture of the before look, take pics of the process of cutting, adding and substracting, and then the final look...

Then again $150 dollars for that coat is not that good of a price, yeah it's Dior, but it's tweed, I won't wear tweed down here, and im just going insane about it because its a Dior jacket :lol: , otherwise I wouldn't have even bothered on looking at it...

Which takes me back to what im always saying, I shouldn't look for the label, I should look for the style, the fitting, the unique side of it, the craftmanship... but then again, it's Dior, :rofl:

Today I found a Movado watch for 1.00. There is one on Ebay (#4936953361) just like it. I hope in only needs a battery. I have wanted a watch like this since about 1989 but just could not justify the price. I just grabbed the watch paid for it a came straight home I was so happy.

i scored a bright purple, full-length coat for $1. i haven't a clue when i'll wear it (no coats needed in honolulu), but it was too cool to resist.

my best find at a thrift store would be a dark blue blazer that looks very similar to the one ashley olsen always wears with the gold buttons.

I found an eggshell-colored shoulder bag, covered with plastic things that look like pearls, cut in half, and I love it. I think it was only $12. Old ladies stop me wherever I go to tell me how much they love it, or that they have a bag just like it. :ninja:

Haven't gotten the chance to thrift shop much but my favorites are:

A silk cashmere lace detailed cream sweater for $3
A vintage 50s brown wool coat with a fur collar for $21

99cent marc jacobs

i went shopping at the salvation army recently...hadn't thrifted in a while, and got the urge...well i brought some INCREDIBLE things! but the best were two items: a pair of marc jacobs slingback heels for 99cents and a beautiful anne klein black see-through, pleated blouse.
digicamera1779ec.jpg

their retail price (i guess?)
digicamera180.jpg

the anne klein blouse
digicamera181.jpg

you cant see it very well...ah.
digicamera182.jpg

i also got some jesus sandals from prada (at a consigment store)...but i let my friend borrow 'em, so i'll take a picture later.

what do you think? amazing- my grand total at salvation army equaled $4.00

Ok, I officially hate you! :wink:

I just bought a Marc Jacobs Denim Jaket for 220 Euro...

Anyway, congrats on your FABULOUS find! :flower:

where are you frommm?? jeez the only decent designer stuff i find is like old old christian dior and yves st laurent and it all seems pretty iffy if you ask me

My friend once bought a pair of Marc Jacobs shorts at Goodwill for $2 and sold them on ebay for over $100.

But I would keep those shoes.^_^

My best find ever was in San Francisco. I found an ivory pair of Jimmy Choo bridal shoes (never worn) for $75 at my fave re-sale store.

They look similar to this...
ep021006.jpg

i live in nashville tennessee....surprising finds down here. i also once found a BEAUTIFUL christian dior tweed skirt, high waisted, for sixteen dollars....
the joys of incredible finds.

actually that thread is for products that are cheap, amazing things everyone can buy, not vintage finds that are exclusive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->