024.jpg

020.jpg
001.jpg

Jenny Packham

025.jpg
034.jpg

Jessica Ogden

www.vogue.co.uk

all i can say is that if they are still doing them...
then there is a simple explanation...

THEY ARE SELLING!!!...
remember the old saying...if it ain't broke, don't fix it...
:innocent:

personally...
i think it has to do with the girly/princess factor ...
that is who these designers cater to and they know what their ladies look for...

we'll see less of it from the 'edgier' designers who embrace a more androgynous look...but even the harder designers seem to have softened up a bit lately...

it's all part of this current mood of softness that is in the air...
:heart:

It does sell... I see it everywhere still and apparantly it won't disappear any time soon.

One more spotted, at Julien MacDonald

00280f.jpg

www.vogue.co.uk

the long dresses make the models look like lampshades. not a good look. i think it's too fussy and girly for me.

errr..

i think it's ok. sometimes i think it's tacky -- especially when there are numerous tiers or it just doesn't flow together. i haven't seen anyone out of the street with these on.. or at least i haven't really paid close attention. they're not my taste.

Last edited by a moderator:
seasecrets said:
the long dresses make the models look like lampshades. not a good look. i think it's too fussy and girly for me.

Lampshades...... yes it's true..... fashion has gotten to the point where looking like a lampshade is hot..... ^_^

As someone with an hourglass figure, that is one style I will NOT be sporting. Talk about looking like a clown. :unsure:

I like some of the example posted, namely those from Jonathan Saunders and Jojo & Malou. I don't mind those from designers whose work I generally like, in another manner of speaking. But since the bad far outnumber the good, here, I wonder if looking at who's embracing (or rather, avoiding) the trend won't say something about the trend itself...:lol:

These haven't been posted, what a shame :ninja: Anna Molinari, spring 2006:

00130m.jpg

00150m.jpg

00200m.jpg

00270m.jpg

style.com

the first and second anne molinari ones are not bad actually..... :blush:

00610m.jpg
I really think this one would be the love of celebrities. It is so nice.:flower:

I actually like the Ferragamo and the first Molinari ones (not the last yellow Molinari)

yeah this is definitely an ongoing trend. the high streets were FULL of tiered dresses and skirts this summer. but it looks like this trend hasn't lost any momentum going into s/s 06.

I personally find the ferragamo ones quite ugly...I don't like the look of lots of short tiers. (the molinari ones may be an exception...as I like the edwardian references. it's a bit eliza doolittle which is kind of sweet) I prefer longer, more subtle tiers. the jessica odgen ones are adorable. I have a dress with long, chiffon tiers and it's actually really lovely - very subtle and not flouncy in the least. floaty rather than flouncy. but like I said, it really all just comes down to the individual dress and how it's been designed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magfag
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->