Tom Cruise & Katie Holmes Divorced - No Religious Talk (Includes Scientology) Allowed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, this is just me speculating, but I wonder if Olga Kurylenko was involved in this in any way. She's currently filming Oblivion with Tom. Tom was apparently behind her getting a role in the film because he liked her so much from the audition. She's also spoke very highly of him in a recent interview. Coincidence that the last pictures of Tom/Katie together are from the set of Oblivion?

Anyway, the whole "Katie is getting out/trying to get Suri out from Scientology" is kind of strange to me. She knew, or should have known what she was getting herself into. If she was so against Scientology, shouldn't have gotten involved with him. As creepy as that whole cult is, and it is, Tom has or should have as much a right to raise Suri in his 'religion' as Katie has.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ugh... I saw that coming I never see these two together, they're so different imo. And I think for Katie's life after Tom will be tough, she's not such a great actress and Suri is too spoiled. Spending much time with Suri does not make Katie a good mother. And Katie's not Nicole. I don't agree that it's Niciole's guilt she lost her kids, she just had a miscarriage and then he dumped her and she was really depressed then.

If Tom was in fact blindsided, you probably need to rethink that statement ...

Do you know if katie signed a pre-nuptial agreement where it was stipulated how much she was going to win 5 years married:question:

Also, this is just me speculating, but I wonder if Olga Kurylenko was involved in this in any way. She's currently filming Oblivion with Tom. Tom was apparently behind her getting a role in the film because he liked her so much from the audition. She's also spoke very highly of him in a recent interview. Coincidence that the last pictures of Tom/Katie together are from the set of Oblivion?

Anyway, the whole "Katie is getting out/trying to get Suri out from Scientology" is kind of strange to me. She knew, or should have known what she was getting herself into. If she was so against Scientology, shouldn't have gotten involved with him. As creepy as that whole cult is, and it is, Tom has or should have as much a right to raise Suri in his 'religion' as Katie has.

This assuming he's into women? There was a rumor before he married Katie that he tried to get Sofia vergara to be his "wife" but he picked Katie because she was more compliant. Any red blooded man would have picked Sofia in my opinion..:blink::innocent:

^ I don't think he didn't "choose" her, I remember reading that Sofia was supposed to meet Tom at the Scientology HQ for recruitment purposes and never showed up. :lol:

^ I don't think he didn't "choose" her, I remember reading that Sofia was supposed to meet Tom at the Scientology HQ for recruitment purposes and never showed up. :lol:

^^ Scarlett Johansson did the same thing. I read that she freaked out when she realized the meeting she was about to attend with Tom Cruise to discuss a possible 'movie role' was at the Scientology HQ :shock:.

After scrolling this thread, I've come to the conclusion that Katie might be a poor actress (I like the movies she's in, but not usually her) but she knows how to put in a performance when it really, really, really counts. My jaw dropped when I saw those pics of her in Ireland with Tom posted. Damn! No wonder why he was fooled! Good play there Katie!

I hope she gets custody of Suri.

As for Nicole's career vs. the kids. I think she should have fought harder her kids, but perhaps she didn't because of reasons we don't know. I do think, her career, post-Tom, would have blossomed regardless of whether or not she got sole or shared custody of Conner and Isabella. And I'm sure Katie's will pick up again once she is free from Tom. (Unlike Mimi, both Kate and Nicole actually seem to like acting.)

I hope she gets custody of Suri as well, Katie wants to pull Suri out of Tom's strange world of Scientology and I agree with her decision

I can't wait for whatever film will be made out of this. Lifetime or not, I'm in.

btw, this is going to be a great year for anti-scientologists.. with the Travolta scandal, this and then "The Master" being released.

This assuming he's into women? There was a rumor before he married Katie that he tried to get Sofia vergara to be his "wife" but he picked Katie because she was more compliant. Any red blooded man would have picked Sofia in my opinion..:blink::innocent:

Tom's been known (like many actors) have tried to date their co-stars in movies. I'm currently watching Entertainment Tonight, and he's wanted to date Demi Moore but she turned him down. He did date Cher back in the day and Penelope Cruz was his first girlfriend after his divorce from Nicole. I always thought that he was going to marry Penelope but it didn't work out.
Posted via Mobile Device

Dang it! I never pay attention to celebrity lives because it's mostly PR anyway but something about this divorce is seriously intriguing...

Katie, "the beard", is finally free!
You go, guurl!
Get that money.

But honestly, I feel that if Katie wasn't married to loony Tom, she would've had such a prominent career. Plus, the church of scientology is just a group full of crazies. She's doing the right thing, imo.

Penelope Cruz was his first girlfriend after his divorce from Nicole. I always thought that he was going to marry Penelope but it didn't work out.

Her family liked him but they are even more hardcore Catholics than Nicole's family and that was a major factor in them not staying together.

I'm not a fan of Penelope at all but the smartest things she's ever done for her career was date Tom Cruise and then not marry him.

LOL I totally forgot about him and Sofia Vergara. Can you imagine.

But this is a very interesting read -

What Katie Holmes is Saving Suri From: Scientology's Interrogation of Children

http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runni..._scientology_sec_checking_suri_tom_cruise.php

The list of questions is absolutely dangerous. And they are asked to a six year old. The ways they could be used and twisted in the future :innocent:

Run Katie. Run like the wind girl.

Wow, I had no idea :shock: :o :blink:

I was raised in an extremely unusual 'church' myself, and I think this is worse than the interrogation I experienced. (And I didn't finish reading the whole list ...)

I think this divorce is going to bring a lot of attention to Scientology ... the kind they don't want.

Paging Oprah ... how can you support people who support this incredibly intrusive interrogation of children???

I don't think Tom ruined Katie's career at all. I never found her to be a particularly interesting actress, and I doubt even without marrying Tom her career would've rivaled Michelle's, just because Williams is more talented. Plus, well before Tom came into the picture, she was doing films like "Abandoned" and "The Gift" which were not exactly Oscar fodder (even though the latter is kind of my guilty pleasure--her performance is nothing to rave about). So, I just can't get behind the sentiment that Tom hindered her career. If anything, he made her more famous than she was ever likely to become.

One thing I will say for her is that she is apparently one smart cookie. I'm extremely impressed with how she's handled this thing so far. Checkmate, Katie! :D I, too, felt bad for Nicole, especially knowing that she was blindsided and depressed afterwards. So good on Katie. Hopefully, she gets her child far, far away from this so-called "church" and gets some regular checks to go along with it.

Her family liked him but they are even more hardcore Catholics than Nicole's family and that was a major factor in them not staying together.

I'm not a fan of Penelope at all but the smartest things she's ever done for her career was date Tom Cruise and then not marry him.

LOL I totally forgot about him and Sofia Vergara. Can you imagine.
:lol: Exactly, kudos for Pene.

I never knew about the Sofia thing... that's kinda random. I googled and whoa Tom.. you're cray cray.. http://fabulousbuzz.com/2010/09/20/how-tom-cruise-almost-married-modern-familys-sofia-vergara/

How much does Tom make? And he's not ready to give it off for taxes... UM hello?? This guy needs a slap in the face!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andy190
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->