Tom Ford : Life after Gucci (November 2004 - March 2010)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by helena@Nov 16 2004, 08:00 PM
sorry but am I alone in thinking that working a 35 hour week is a good thing? surely that makes for a happier, more well rounded person & therefore population?
[snapback]434450[/snapback]​
The annual hours actually worked per person in employment have gone down significantly in most countries over the last century, and France is no exception.

Some critics have, however, argued that one of the main reasons for the economic crisis in countries such as Germany and France is the relatively short work week.

education is not the foundation of a meritocracy: celebrity is. a tom ford would never have come about if he had been born in the french countryside. the french are much too refined to worship celebrity like we do here.

Just don't listen to their pop-music...

Interestingly the French have artisanal colleges where you can learn winemaking, cheesmaking, glassblowing and all sorts of other things...sometimes tradition is wise..

He is pissed because he is no longer with YSl and everyone knows the label is the better for it. It probably hurts him even more that Hedi Slimane and Alber Elbaz the two he replaced at YSL are now thriving at their respective houses. He is a bitter man who is too immature and clouded to not remove his own isolated experiences from a whole population of people.

Originally posted by helena@Nov 16 2004, 11:00 AM
sorry but am I alone in thinking that working a 35 hour week is a good thing? surely that makes for a happier, more well rounded person & therefore population? The french are streets ahead of us all when it comes to culture, intellectualism and general level of education. They learn english & spanish from the age of six.... They have an extremely advanced state education system. Is that not the foundation of a meritocracy? They are not a nation plagued by obesity or poverty.....and thats just me getting started on the topic. How can this moron of a man, from Texas, possibly say that the french are an abberation?

...no doubt he'll have his sights set on high things though....
I agree helena

I think he's just angry that YSL talked trash about him all the time.

I think you've all raised good points in defense of France, but I doubt any of the French could care less what he thinks.

Perhaps he thinks he's safe now that he no longer has to appeal to their market as he did in fashion, and that now he can begin to charm more 'civilised' nations. :wink:

It's strange, I always found him rather charming and articulate in interviews, but this kind of talk is very unprofessional and childish.

i enjoy all the posts on this thread... ^_^ B)

Dear Tommy

You're not completely wrong when you say "French people refuse all that is new as a matter of principle", but in fashion they are pretty mind-opened and i'm sorry to say that but 'NEW' is not the exact word to describe your work.
Maybe in Texas SEX and BODY NAKED are revolutionnary but in Europe and specially in France ....please! come on! Try something differents.

Good luck for your movie
Au revoir et a jamais! :wink:

Tom, je te pardonne pour ces mots malheureux.
Je suis certain qu'ils n'expriment pas réellement le fond de ta pensée.
J'ai appris que tu étais dépressif. Ceci explique peut-être cela.
Soigne-toi bien et reviens-nous vite.

Originally posted by faust@Nov 17 2004, 11:31 AM
we need a middle finger emoticon
[snapback]435707[/snapback]​
Here you go Faust
2577.gif
:flower:

Originally posted by Hanne@Nov 17 2004, 11:10 AM
Here you go Faust
2577.gif
:flower:
[snapback]435756[/snapback]​

cool! but you should've written, "here you go, Tom" :lol:

I am so disappointed with Tom Fords comment :( .
It just goes to show that you can take the boy outta Texas- but yah can't take Texas outtta the boy. Hey look at Bush :ninja: .

I guess its a principle thing for some, in that part of the States to make the most absurd comments and not accept things for what they truly are. What's in the drinking water down there in Texas? .

I agree with all my fellow Spotters that he is/ was clearly unhappy that he was not well recieved by the French ( good going Softgrey)- instead of learning and accepting critique, he in whining like a small child :yuk: I am disgusted.

You are not as fabulous as you think darling!! :P There's always someone more fan-tabulous then you- accept it. :wink:

Originally posted by botoxmolecula@Nov 17 2004, 06:08 AM
Dear Tommy

You're not completely wrong when you say "French people refuse all that is new as a matter of principle", but in fashion they are pretty mind-opened
[snapback]435540[/snapback]​

and don't forget the NEW faces in french brands the last years:

Chloé: Stella Mac Cartney (UK)
Phoebe Philo (UK)

Revillon :Rick Owens (US)

Celine: Michael Kors (US)
Menichetti (US/ITALY)

Lanvin: Alber Elbaz (US/ISRAEL)

Dior: John Galianno (UK)

Givenchy: Alexender McQueen (UK)
Julian MacDonald (UK)
Sophia Kokosalaki (GREECE) I hope.........
Ozwald Boateng (UK)

Kenzo: Antonio Maras (ITALY)

Louis Vuitton: Marc Jacob (US)

YSL: Stephano Pillati (Italy)

Rochas: Olivier Theyskens (Belgium)

And where can you see Belgium, Dutch, German, Japanese designers?
In Milan? New York? London?

I think it's not too bad for people who are supposed to refuse all that is new as a matter of principle.

Originally posted by helena@Nov 16 2004, 10:00 AM
sorry but am I alone in thinking that working a 35 hour week is a good thing? surely that makes for a happier, more well rounded person & therefore population? The french are streets ahead of us all when it comes to culture, intellectualism and general level of education. They learn english & spanish from the age of six.... They have an extremely advanced state education system. Is that not the foundation of a meritocracy? They are not a nation plagued by obesity or poverty.....and thats just me getting started on the topic. How can this moron of a man, from Texas, possibly say that the french are an abberation?

I agree with you there. Tom sounds very angry and that's not very becoming. :unsure:

Originally posted by faust@Nov 17 2004, 08:17 AM
cool! but you should've written, "here you go, Tom" :lol:
[snapback]435769[/snapback]​

I like this one:
bird.gif

And what about his (former) muse? Carine Roitfield? The French Vogue mistress? This sounds very red-neck IMHO, it's true that French politics need an update and they need to ease on some of that chauvinism but this is narrow-minded.

He probably rejects French Fries and French Manicures as well :wink:.

Originally posted by helena@Nov 16 2004, 11:00 AM

I couldn't agree more. Tom has to calm down a bit. A 35hr work week is a bad thing? Come on Tom, you're just bitter because you didn't have a life ever since you took on YSL on top of Gucci, "Mr. Workaholic."

How is this any better. :innocent:

In any event, why are we all still talking about Tom Who? He was never bigger than the brand- but maybe I'm not far enough removed....

Originally posted by modelmama@Nov 17 2004, 12:02 PM
I am so disappointed with Tom Fords comment :( .
It just goes to show that you can take the boy outta Texas- but yah can't take Texas outtta the boy. Hey look at Bush :ninja: .

I guess its a principle thing for some, in that part of the States to make the most absurd comments and not accept things for what they truly are. What's in the drinking water down there in Texas? .

[snapback]435834[/snapback]​

Originally posted by Sybarite@Nov 17 2004, 10:57 AM
Tom, je te pardonne pour ces mots malheureux.
Je suis certain qu'ils n'expriment pas réellement le fond de ta pensée.
J'ai appris que tu étais dépressif. Ceci explique peut-être cela.
Soigne-toi bien et reviens-nous vite.
[snapback]435737[/snapback]​

Ce que tu dis est si migon. Je suis entièrement d'accord avec tes propos. Ce que Tom Ford dit manque de maturité. Et oui, la dépression serait probablement une des causes principales de ce changement de caractère si soudain. Il n'était pas si fou que ça ce Tom Ford, auparavant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->