Tom Ford : Life after Gucci (November 2004 - March 2010)

Status
Not open for further replies.
i got it awhile ago and there's a misprint ink spot. grrrrr..... and i can't get a refund! oh well. anyways the book is amazingly beautiful.

Originally posted by helena@Dec 5 2004, 07:31 PM
how much is it - I saw it in a shop yesterday but it was sealed & it didn't have a price....? So is it just pictures - is there ant narrative?
[snapback]451957[/snapback]​

in france i got it for 110euros

i saw it on sale online for 75 bucks...

Originally posted by softgrey@Dec 9 2004, 08:41 PM
i saw it on sale online for 75 bucks...
[snapback]458357[/snapback]​

That's cheap! Especially for Europeans with the Euro-Dollar, but shipping must be expensive, the thing is very heavy.

Tom Ford Eyewear

Beside the Estée Lauder affair, Tom Ford is also launching in October is own line of eyewear (both glasses and sunglasses) in partnership with italian Marcolin Group.

Tom also says a fashion line is to come, but - at first - not for women and not for runway shows.

Btw, after all the speculations on Ford's future, don't you feel like this is the most banal end? Cosmetics and glasses, as everyone does.

WHAT ABOUT HIS LOGO? IS IT THE ONE ON HIS BOOK?

I dont think anyone who isn't into fashion really knows who Tom Ford is. He isn't like Karl Lagerfeld, who is known as either Karl Lagerfeld or that insane guy who designs for Chanel (I knew him as the latter for a good part of my life). No one knows he designed for Gucci or YSL. But Im excited, he had the best sunnies at Gucci and YSL.

Tom Ford might become a powerhouse such as MAC or Juicy, but hopefully more tasteful than Juicy.

Tom Ford: Life after Gucci

for those who missed the sexy look & were dissapointed with last GUCCI show, here is the king of cool next action:

Tom Ford to Launch Men's Line and Open Men's Retail Chain in 2006
Fashion superstar tells Canadian mag SIR the real story

Thursday, October 06, 2005

1.gif
1.gif
1.gif
1.gif
1.gif

Tom Ford
1.gif
1.gif
1.gif

(PARIS)
What are Tom Ford’s plans for the future? Jeanne Beker—star of Canada's FashionTelevisionChannel and segment producer of “FT—Fashion Television”—knows. Beker is also the editor in chief of Canadian fashion mag FQ that will premiere its highly-anticipated men’s issue on October 14. SIR, as it is called, is being billed as “Canada’s international magazine of style for him.” And who better to slap on the cover than Ford, the ex-Gucci and YSL designer that the world seemingly never tires of?

A full-page photo shot by Nigel Perry accompanies the article, titled, “Ford Forges Ahead,” where the universal symbol of all that is sexy reveals to Beker his plans involving his signature Tom Ford brand. Ford plans to produce a full range of men’s products and menswear in 2006. A retail store under his own name will open in New York, followed by four more in Los Angeles, London, Milan and Tokyo. In the article, Ford says the venture will see “a very extensive, very exclusive, very high level of luxury men’s clothes, tailoring, dress shirts, shoes, suits and leather goods.” What is promised is a cross between Saville Row and an Italian luxury company.

What Ford is most excited about is infiltrating the men’s style market. “An Armani suit has a certain look and Armani does a wonderful job with menswear. In other respects, you have Ralph Lauren, who also does a wonderful job. But there is not a strong men’s designer in between those two that gives you something that’s somewhat classic, yet very sexy and sophisticated,” he says, pointing out that men have no modern day equivalent to Chanel couture. “I think men are thinking and acting more like women in the way they choose things. You see straight guys checking out their butts in a pair of pants, which you would not have seen twenty years ago.”
JIM SHI

from www.fashionweekdaily.com

can't wait to see the ads. ,the stores design & every thing....:woot:

Oh bless!! Now I am happy!! Thanks for the article!!! :buzz:

Saville Row and an Italian luxury company.

It occurs to me...when the news is being reported by a journo who can't even afford a spell checker, you just know it's another 'luxury' 'high-end' line from Tom Ford...

This IS exciting news... He's so much better at dressing men compared to women...

Can't wait to see this!

New York, Los Angeles, London, Milan and Tokyo.....but why isn't Paris there ???

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->