Tom Ford S/S 2013 London

ASIDE from the needlessly fueled and pretentious commentary, these looks are quite alright, but i do have a sweet spot for the sheer hoodie/ semi-sheer skirt combo, so good!

^^I cant wait for the rest of the collection, I love the first two looks, minus the shoes, I'm not really a knee/thigh high boot kinda girl. But I hear its quite different from his norm

^LOL, don't say anything bad about this! Apparently this is the best thing that ever happened to humanity!
Plus Kanye's was really bad, this is not bad, just outdated. And I can't find the "luxurious" anywhere.
I assume you've never seen his clothes in person because, outdated or not (and that is of course subjective) there's no denying how beautifully made and intricately detailed they are. That's just a simple fact.

If he's stuck in 2004 I'd be happy to stay stuck with him, because fashion was a hell of a lot more fun and fabulous back then.

Absolutely. All I have to say.
I need to see the full collection to form an opinion, but I do like what I see here. The silver dress with the black mesh looks gorgeous, as does the white hood+skirt combo. And the shoes looks absolutely great. Is it wrong that I'm dying to see how that jockstrap-back swimsuit looks, though? :innocent:

^ No, that makes me extremely curious too, if only because of its "wtf?" factor. :lol:

Another preview shot on the left, from NYTimes.com
20iht-ftom20-span-articleLarge.jpg

I want to see more but initially I love his thigh high boots.

I like the cyber-style of the mesh dress, it´s very modern. The orthopedic-like boots are interesting, they remind me of Alexander Mc Queen´s ones in 1999; but these ones are more wearable and urban.
The rest of the looks seem very sport. Nothing wrong with sport style...it is just that I think they lack the standard sophisticated touch of Tom.

Loving the kinkyglam sports looks of the release to the Telegraph. And the glam mid 60's Courreges inspired metallic look of the release to the Guardian. The beehives are a distraction though, gives more of a sixties vibe than was strictly necessary. The garments, especially in the Telegraph looks, are in fact more toward an AWang vibe than recent Bottega Veneta. Though, of course, core positioning remains in Gucci/Versace territory. Looking like an interesting collection. Sexy; of course. But this time with an element of urban edge. Bravo.

I'm just over Tom Ford, he thinks he is so superior than everyone else that his collections are not even supposed to be seen, for me he's just a middle age guy with ego issues.

Looooovvvvve it so far!
Also love that it's not tweeted, facebooked, pinterested like everything else. Tom plays by his own rules and I find that interesting.
Posted via Mobile Device

I'm just over Tom Ford, he thinks he is so superior than everyone else that his collections are not even supposed to be seen, for me he's just a middle age guy with ego issues.

LOL It's possible to look at it that despite the hirsute, alpha male swagger of his fronting; that his 'elitism' of denying mass attention, now seeping out a few tasters, is in fact part silly (and ineffective) marketing/ part oversensitivity to criticism. Having not done womenswear for a while, last season he was worried how he might be received. This year a little more confident. Sensitive little lamb :smile:

Haha...the Kanye West comparison is brilliant and quite a fair one. Can't believe I use to adore his work. Bertelli is right, he is a good marketer but design, not so much!

Having not seen the entire collection, I'll reserve judgement. I've always liked his previous collections since his return that were unabashedly, unapologetically opulent, excessive, decadent, luxurious and very unashamedly YSL. But if these are the few images Tom wishes to represent his current collection and new direction, then I'm less than impressed, to say the least.

Never thought I would think this about a designer I like-- least of all about Tom, but I agree with GIVENCHYlover that it's looking very much like Kanye... That hoodie with the metallic skirt is dreadful-- and I don't think even Kanye would do that. It's so bland, outdated and cheap-looking. If that's what Tom considers urban, then he's really stuck in the early 2000s-- not in a Tom Ford-for-Gucci good way, but more in a Mariah Carey / JLo kinda way.

I don't think his recent work has been as good as his past work at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vejjehejrh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->