Tom Ford S/S 2013 London

Marc10

Staff member
Reaction score
FyORm.jpg

No, your eyes are not deceiving you. Tom Ford, whose collections have been shown only in private viewings for the past two years – no catwalk photographs, no tweeting, no nothing, until the clothes are in stores – has agreed to give you, dear Guardian readers, an exclusive look at two exits from his spring/summer 2013 collection. Ye who have been starved of Ford: feast your eyes.

Ford does everything his own way. Take his LFW presentation: a private salon viewing, talking bondage knots with an urbane American millionaire. More Fifty Shades than your usual front-row chit-chat. The theme of the collection is chastity and perversion, after all. Bondage-style boots (there is a zip up the back, thankfully, otherwise they'd be a right faff at airport security) are worn with simple skirts and cosy sweaters. Fishscale sequins have a soft, plush shimmer and cocktail dresses offer a genuine jaw-drop moment with a scooped-out rear view.

When I commented to Ford that the clothes were not as pervy as the title suggests, he looked a little put out, and pointed out a swimsuit with a bottom completely bare, save for a vertical "jockstrap". That shut me up. But then, you never know what to expect from Tom. After I wrote a critical report of a previous collection he summoned me to Claridge's, bought me cocktails and thanked me for my candour. Ford is a one-off.

Is there a downside? Yes. The clothes are ruinously expensive. Seriously. You don't even want to know. But at least this time, you get to look at the picture.
guardian

Oh, so he decided not to be a brat and actually allow his collection to be published on the Internet?

fashion.telegraph.co.uk

Last edited by a moderator:
This looks bound to be goooood. Judging from all of the descriptions in various reviews, it sounds a bit more funky/tough than anything he's done before, still polished but not as precious.

Tom Ford lives in 2004, she needs to brink fashion forward, he keeps doing the same every season, it's beautiful, yes, but that's not enough.
I feel like he's overrated.

I like it so far, and while yes he is stuck in 2004 sometimes I think everyone who buys it seems to like it that way :lol: The boots are the best part.

Ugh, again with the "he lives in 2004" mumbo-jumbo (as if 2004 is somehow a different era). Why, because he doesn't care about what the hipper-than-thou are wearing on the street? Because he doesn't show every single one of his collections with what's meant to look like dirty bed hair and no makeup? Because as opposed to looking intentionally disheveled or quirky it's pulled together and done?

AND the judgement's being offered after seeing four looks, three of which are extremely unlike his usual fare (bike shorts, hoodies, boxy knitwear).

If he's stuck in 2004 I'd be happy to stay stuck with him, because fashion was a hell of a lot more fun and fabulous back then.

Meh, more Versace (may I say, 2003) than anything else.

Awww he decided to be ever so gracious and throw a bone to the public and show 4 looks.... I still think it's ridiculous that he doesn't release the collection.

Anyways, the boots are interesting.

Tom Ford lives in 2004, she needs to brink fashion forward, he keeps doing the same every season, it's beautiful, yes, but that's not enough.
I feel like he's overrated.

You don't know what you're talking about. I mean do you even remember what HE was doing in 2004? The look of that era was boho chic and he barely touched that. He was and is still all about luxe glamour. Nothing about what we've seen so far is even close to that era.

I like that he "lives in 2004" or whatever. Honestly, it's kind of refreshing to see a designer not changing one's style because it's not in vogue any more. And yes, 2004 was a great period for fashion.

Ugh, again with the "he lives in 2004" mumbo-jumbo (as if 2004 is somehow a different era). Why, because he doesn't care about what the hipper-than-thou are wearing on the street? Because he doesn't show every single one of his collections with what's meant to look like dirty bed hair and no makeup? Because as opposed to looking intentionally disheveled or quirky it's pulled together and done?

AND the judgement's being offered after seeing four looks, three of which are extremely unlike his usual fare (bike shorts, hoodies, boxy knitwear).

If he's stuck in 2004 I'd be happy to stay stuck with him, because fashion was a hell of a lot more fun and fabulous back then.

Word the f**k up!

love it. don't care what anyone says, never will in this regard. tom ford is everything. the end.

You don't know what you're talking about. I mean do you even remember what he was doing in 2004? The look of that era was boho chic and he barely touched that. He was and is still all about luxe glamour. Nothing about what we've seen so far is even close to that era.

I agree with this statement, And I love that about him, everyone is not going to like everything, and thats fine, but what I like about him is his some-what predictablity, meaning you can always look to him for luxury and sex, and thats what he likes and I love that he doesnt follow the trends or change with the wind, He has his own look and style. people act like Marc Jacobs can do no wrong and I dont like everything he does. Everyone can have an opinion and its ok to not agree.

^LOL, don't say anything bad about this! Apparently this is the best thing that ever happened to humanity!
Plus Kanye's was really bad, this is not bad, just outdated. And I can't find the "luxurious" anywhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rearjepaj
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->