Tom Ford S/S 2013 London

This is soooooo ugly :sick:. I get that he's trying to cater to the same market that he once had in 2004, but haven't most women moved on from this type of look? He needs to learn what the new definition of sexy is. It sure isn't gold lame skirts & snakeskin pants anymore. :blink:

Thanks Flashbang for the video!

Jeez... such an incredibly annoying way of presenting the collection. Completely detest the quck-editing, the overexposure, the B&W, the drums, the (inappropriate) art direction... I guess all the flashiness is there to disguise a rather lackluster collection with only a few strong pieces. The coral leather jacket and a poof-caped dress looks beyond stellar, as are the stunning bondage boots-- wished I could actually see them instead of being forced to only glimpse at it with the horrendous presentation. Those transparent hoodies with the metallic skirts with the slits and slashes are as outdated and amateur as perceived in the preview shots. If these designs were from anyone but Ford, forget it. But then again, the presentation doesn't show much. BUT then again, maybe there aren't much to show...

This presentation looks like something from '92, made by first year student.

As much I like Tom Ford , I have to say that was quite cheesy lol.

This is so up my alley. To me this collection is a breath of fresh air in a season filled with boxy, over complicated monstrosities. To me his fashion doesn't need to be forward because thats not who he is. He, imo, is about a certain type of vintage glamour that transcends the tasteless smocks be forced on women nowadays. Fashion absolutely needs a voice like Toms and I couldn't be happier with the clothes and those saucy shoes!

This look is absolutely KILLER! :cool:
TFORD020.450x675.JPG

style

Last edited by a moderator:
IN MY OPINION, I don't want two specific members bothering me about this:

Watching the full collection is exactly what I expected, the dress on Andrea Diaconu is really interesting, as well as the shoes, I think they are great, and very modern, but the rest, very questionable taste and execution, just looks cheap. Like jeanclaude said, this looks like it was made for H&M. Can't believe this is actually Tom Ford.

I must need to pop into H&M because if this is along they lines of what they're doing they've clearly stepped up their game. :lol:

I'm very glad to see him continuing what he did for fall and moving towards true ready to wear and away from extremely grand evening clothes. While there are a few too many of those bike shorts and no enough in the way of pants, there are some really great separates. Even the evening pieces though have an ease to them, which is unusual for him. That black dress with the cutout sleeves is very simple, but so striking. Same goes for the blue pouf-backed piece. They're very dramatic without being all that "worked".

I really like the idea of a giant crocodile grocery bag, if only for how twisted it is, but those seem like the most impossible handbags to carry day to day.

This is soooooo ugly :sick:. I get that he's trying to cater to the same market that he once had in 2004, but haven't most women moved on from this type of look? He needs to learn what the new definition of sexy is. It sure isn't gold lame skirts & snakeskin pants anymore. :blink:
Um, since when is there only one definition of what sexy is??? :huh:

I am fine with the collection, there are some amazing pieces especially the accessories. The collection speaks very Tom Ford to me which yeah some like and some hate.

interesting, but I don't get the bags, they look like alexander wang

He needs to find someone who can produce and edit a better video...

I also find the model's poses really cheesy, the whole presentation itself is distracting...it's not doing the clothes justice...

Last edited by a moderator:
<3 the shoes! I think some of ya'll are just overly critical because it's Tom Ford. I think the look book serves its purpose. The simple outfits are shown with the bags so that you can see the bags. Its probably his upcoming line of body wear or something for all we know. There are stunning piece in there, and I bet the hollywood set cant wait to wear them especially that black dress (3rd last) and the one on Miss Bijoch.

i have to wonder when the last time some of you were in h&m or what product your h&m has that mine doesn't because to compare this to anything by h&m is reaching in every way.

except for the bike shorts, leggings and hoodies, i'm all for this!

beautifully cut jackets, even like those japanese bondage details lol

I wish people would stop referring to this as being 'very 2004'. Umm, I don't know if anyone who made that statement can remember what people were wearing in 2004, but it certainly wasn't snake-skin, hooded tops etc. That was back in 2000 :flower:.

Anyway to me I can't see that many references to his Gucci/YSL era. It's got a strong 1960s vibe to it. Whilst I don't think that this format flatters his clothes at all, I have to say that there are things I love about this collection, like the cashmere (?) tops, shoes (sickening) and especially the closing looks that look like they were made from metallic bee-hive patterns. Great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vejjehejrh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->