Tom Ford S/S 2013 London

Kanye West LOL!
I will not put Tom Ford's name in same the sentence with him. These clothes are Tom Ford, if anything, other designers copy his work, and because people have short memories they forget Mr. Ford came up with them in the first place.

I love how Tom Ford has only 4 pages in 2012, whereas 8 yrs ago this thread would be as huge as the Prada one ...

What happened since his come-back ?

but frankly this looks not very interesting ...

^ Well in all fairness I think the fact that his shows aren't presented as proper "shows", that images aren't available within minutes and that video doesn't exist plays a big part in why his threads don't blow up like they did in the Gucci days. If that's not the only reason I'd say it's certainly a big one.

I think fashion's also changed, no one (viewers I mean) has patience anymore for a designer just doing their own thing whether it's of the moment or not. It's all about the new and the now.

Why on earth would Tom Ford care that his posts no longer "blow up" on thefashionspot.com forums? He only cares about his customers ( as he should)...and Even though I would like to see his full collections posted, If I were spending $12,000 on a Tom ford dress, I would be very happy to know that I wouldn't see it in the window of Topshop, before it was even delivered to my penthouse, lol!

^ OMG ...
#own censorship #
:innocent::ninja:

I'm just talking about how tFS-ers behave, not judging Tom Ford collection related to the number of posts ...
Just saying it seems people around here don't care anymore ... Perhaps, it's because there are not so much images, maybe it's because tFS readership and population have changed, evolved ...

Why, those days, every time someone says something there's somebody else saying I don't think he/she cares about tFS comments ??? Am I talking to Tom Ford, here ? Or am I talking to tfs-ers ... I think the people I speak to and interact with are the latest ...

Same old snake oil. Didn't buy it then, don't buy it now.

I still think the Ford woman is the epitome of the anti-female. A male fantasy. Clothes dictating the body instead of the other way around.

Forget about 2004. This smells of regression all the way back to the age of corsets and crinolines.

Last edited by a moderator:
Those bondage boots are pretty intense. Good thing there's a zipper, according to reports, because if there wasn't those would be a b*tch to get on and off. :shock:

Kinda love them though. I wish we could see them from the side.

That's fair, I wasn't trying to single you out, I was just making the point that I really don't think Tom Ford hides his collections because he's afraid of critics, or because he's a snob, as some on here are suggesting, but rather, he does it to provide his customers with exclusivity.
But I should have posted that as a random post rather than a reply to yours, and I apologize, it was 2 am....

With the exception of the J.Lo circa 2004 hoodie mess, I actually really like this. The gold boots are insane and you just know that the honeycomb mirror dress took ages to make. Not loving the shorts, but the cuts on the jackets are great. All I can say is that when you see his clothing up close, you get it. The price is justified and the luxury image it sells is flat out one of the best. If you need a lesson, head to his salon @ Bergdorfs....for real!

With the exception of the J.Lo circa 2004 hoodie mess, I actually really like this. The gold boots are insane and you just know that the honeycomb mirror dress took ages to make. Not loving the shorts, but the cuts on the jackets are great. All I can say is that when you see his clothing up close, you get it. The price is justified and the luxury image it sells is flat out one of the best. If you need a lesson, head to his salon @ Bergdorfs....for real!

For real! I went there and almost fell out...:o, everything was gorgeous! Even the way it Was displayed

Same old snake oil. Didn't buy it then, don't buy it now.

I still think the Ford woman is the epitome of the anti-female. A male fantasy. Clothes dictating the body instead of the other way around.

Forget about 2004. This smells of regression all the way back to the age of corsets and crinolines.
Don't you think it's even more anti-female to accuse the future wearers of these clothes of essentially being anti-female themselves for wanting to conform to a "male fantasy", when they should in fact have the choice to look like and be whatever kind of woman they wish without being judged? :huh:

Last edited by a moderator:
The first 2 looks are good.
But the other 2, like ither people, what popped to my mind was Kanye West.

So... Kanye West like Tom Ford or Tom Ford like Kanye West? :D

I like Tom Ford's designs.
I liked his work in the 90's and early 00's as I like his work today.

Why, those days, every time someone says something there's somebody else saying I don't think he/she cares about tFS comments ??? Am I talking to Tom Ford, here ? Or am I talking to tfs-ers ... I think the people I speak to and interact with are the latest ...

I, too, find it absolutely ridiculous. I don't even understand it considering it comes from people who write on these forums... I guess it probably hides some kind of "I'm above everything" attitude... Plus, we know many brands/magazines/etc pay attention to what is written around here... Anyway... :innocent:

I think it's quite sad to witness Tom Ford's cloud of glory fading away. Like many of us, I liked his work at Gucci. Then, I got used to him only offering mens products and I thought it suited him. There is something about him that I would qualify of refined manliness, that was completely in sync with what he built his brand around.

I must admit I was not particularly excited when I found out he would be designing womenswear again. I was happy that it meant we would see him around a bit more, but I became quite disenchanted when I found out about the result... A bunch of dated designs, getting a bit too close to vulgarity. In the end, the problem is that he was not able to catch up with today's state of fashion. The wish for total exclusivity, the lack of hype built around his shows after the excitement of the first collection, the woman he seems to be designing for... It all seems very dusty and not in touch with today's reality.

He is capable of doing great things, like Gwyneth Paltrow's Oscar dress which I loved. But he's turning into a one-hit wonder. He doesn't design for who seems to be the woman of 2012 (or of the 2010s). When I look at his collections, I see a wealthy botox-faced 60 year-old, sat on the sofa of her penthouse, remembering her heyday and wishing she could go back in time. That may be what Ford has turned into after all...

Perhaps, it's because there are not so much images, maybe it's because tFS readership and population have changed, evolved ...
You raise such a good point (as usual), Berlin, and I think you're spot on.. criticism became almost politically incorrect on the internet in the past 3-4 years (good campaign by whoever pushed it), it's positive to call out on negative criticism even if that takes 'rude' measures, but not appreciating seems pretty frowned upon. This is actually the first time (I think) that I'm daring to comment on a Tom Ford collection since he's started showing again, I feel like what he does is lost in time and not in a good way, just reluctant to respond to times by clinging on to exclusivity as if there was a way back to it, or made things more desirable at this point.. I feel like there's a lot to be discussed in his business/creative strategies.. same for The Row, but these two topics are actually perfect examples of how forbidden criticism is becoming (related to the blogger phenomenon I suppose).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->