Toronto shopping

just came back from toronto and loved the shopping there! and this may be counterintuitive, but the fact that canada is slightly behind on the trend means that i can find things that are sold out in the states!

just came back from toronto and loved the shopping there! and this may be counterintuitive, but the fact that canada is slightly behind on the trend means that i can find things that are sold out in the states!

I have to disagree on the fact that Canada is behind on the trend. I have just moved from Chicago and and find that women in Toronto are much trendier and fashionable and in trend than women in Chicago.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jonathan and Olivia are having a blowout sale of past seasons' clothes this weekend! Apparently it's "up to 90% off". For those who haven't been there, they carry APC, Isabelle Marant, Alex Wang, Opening Ceremony, and a lot of other brands. I hope the stuff aren't ugly left-overs that no one wants, but I'm gonna go check it out.

^ did you end up going? if so, how was it? sounds almost too good to be true!

^ I did end up going. I got there 2 hours after they opened and there was a line of about 30 people outside. I got a Vanessa Bruno Athe winter coat for 240 and a Maria Cornejo shirt for 120. There was a bunch of tops and pants under 100, but the styles weren't that great.

Can anyone tell me where I can buy Essie nail Polish in Toronto? Exactly in Mississauga?
Thanks

Pink is opening up in Yorkdale May 8th and Victoria's Secret in August. Can't wait!!

Not sure if this is the right forum to post this in, but I'm new to Toronto and the apt. I'm in is super small and I need to empty an entire closet. my questions is are there any "flea markets" in the Toronto that specialize in clothes/accessories where one can go and sell stuff? I don't have patience for Cl and ebay :smile:. Thanks for any info...

Holt's is having a really good sale right now. Up to 70% off and this time around, a lot of things actually ARE!

In general, I have never seen so many pre-Christmas sales EVER in Toronto. I bought so many things at 50% off prior to Christmas. Usually there are absolutely no sales before Christmas because retailers know people have no choice but to buy anyway. It was great as a shopper but does make you wonder a little at the economy.

Not sure if this is the right forum to post this in, but I'm new to Toronto and the apt. I'm in is super small and I need to empty an entire closet. my questions is are there any "flea markets" in the Toronto that specialize in clothes/accessories where one can go and sell stuff? I don't have patience for Cl and ebay :smile:. Thanks for any info...

Try this website: http://www.fleamarketlist.com/index.htm
They mostly have links or phone numbers so you could look up one's in your area & then if they specialize in clothing.

Toronto is getting a new luxury department store called Intermix which is based from L.A. supposebly opening up on Bloor street sometime soon, i'm also hearing with Yorkdale Mall's huge revamp we're expected to get a J.Crew if i'm correct?

Are Mango stores still in Toronto? There was one in Yorkdale but I can't find its name listed on Yorkdale's store directory anymore.

Boxing Day in Toronto

Hello everyone,

I'm usually a lurker, but I thought I'd come out of the forest and into civilization. ^_^ Mods, If this topic has already been covered, please feel free to close it.

SO, I'm not from Toronto, but I'll be there this Boxing Day. I was in Toronto a few years back for Boxing Day, but I had the audacity to go into the Eaton Centre and promptly left because, even thought I saw plenty of pretty things, the lines were very long. I'm talking about, I couldn't even pick out a shirt because I was being crushed by the mob that was waiting to get into the change rooms. Maybe these lines are typical in big cities and I'm just being uncultured. :P

So this year, I thought I'd ask the experts. I'm not a "designer" type of shopper, mostly because I'm stingy. But I'd love to hear if other people have interesting places they think I should visit while I'm in Toronto. Maybe this thread can be a useful guide for locals who want to try something new this holiday season, too?

And this topic may seem early, but I'm already in the Christmas spirit, ha. Seriously, several feet of snow on the ground already. It can make a woman crave eggnog.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andy190
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->