Styled by Nicoletta Santoro

Town & Country October 2016 Digital Edition

Being Present

Photographs by Sarah Moon
Styled by Nicoletta Santoro

Social Currency

Not very celebratory for their 170th anniversary, but the image effectively translates the values of this magazine. Any of the shots in her edit would've made an interesting cover. It's impressive that they've managed to last this long, but I imagine the establishment kept it thriving.

How times have changed! A top fashion model on a cover with her actual wrinkles intact.

But 'In defense of snobbery' sounds like something Tatler would publish,....:lol:

Thanks so much for posting 'Being Present', Zzzyao76!! I wonder whether the Dior and Lanvin pieces are actual archival, or merely recreated. It doesn't matter, of course, this is ultimately a great idea for an anniversary issue. Far more personal and exclusive than British Vogue's June features!

I'm not fond of the stiffness of the cover shot, but I love how it reminds me of images of the teenage Christy with horses, before modelling happened for her, and all these years later, here we are.

Ooh Being Present is quite good! I also love Christy so I can't ever complain. Though I prefer her smiling. I'm also surprised they managed to last this long. I can't think of anyone whom I've ever seen reading this magazine, although, I do flip through it at the book store every once in a while.

More covers:

I've managed to get my hands on this issue, the cake cover luckily. Truth be told there was nothing really celebratory other than the fashion story. No vintage covers, anecdotes, or any reflection on their 170 year history. It seemed just like a normal issue, only littered with minimalist Italian decor ads (is this a thing in America?). There was a long piece about Thomas Keller, a top NY chef with a bee in his bonnet over a bad review, and how he dealt with it. Dries Van Noten wrote a shot column about his passion for gardening, and connecting with other gardeners. And of course Lynn Wyatt got the last page, clad in custom Brandon Maxwell (and I instantly joined the dots - Maxwell is of course Gaga's stylist, and Wyatt and Gaga are super tight).

It was a nice impulse buy, but I cannot see myself getting this regularly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->