Travel Guide : New York City

Where Is The Biggest Blomingdales Located? Also Where Is the Biggest Shopping Strip In NY? You Know How I guess Los Angeles Has Rodeo Dr.

Where Is The Biggest Blomingdales Located? Also Where Is the Biggest Shopping Strip In NY? You Know How I guess Los Angeles Has Rodeo Dr.

• the biggest Bloomingdales in NYC-manhattan, per se, is on Lexington and 59th St.
  • the smaller-sister Bloomingdales store is located in SoHo... on Broadway near Broome St.
  • the biggest shopping strip in NYC - on 5th Ave. [mixed of trendy to high-end boutiques] you can start from the NY Library/Bryant Park. all the way to the Plaza Hotel and The Apple Store.
  • Madison Ave. in the 50's all the way to the 80's
  • Broadway - from Canal all the way to 14th St.
  • West Broadway - from Canal all the way to Houston St. then cross the highway, there's other boutiques here and there. you'll also hit NYU and Washington Sq. Park
  • The Meatpacking District - W.14th area and side streets to your left. you can't get lost in the area. it's pretty small.
*there are other shopping strips but in sections. what i listed is the main strip. you can also buy maps of all kinds (shopping, restaurants, cafes etc) at newstands or bookstores like Barnes and Noble, and Borders.

Central Park is great, but I also highly recommend a trip out to Brooklyn to see Prospect Park if you get the chance! :flower:

What Are Some Good Places To Shop? Discounted Designer Clothes?

One popular place in Century 21 which is a popular discount designer clothing store that is usually very abundant with tourists. It is not the nicest place, I have been once and I wouldn't recommend that anyone go there. Your best bet for finding any type of "discount" designer clothing would be thrift shops, there is one near my townhouse called Housing Works on W. 10th and Hudson and there are plenty others around Manhattan and Brooklyn. All you have to do is look!:flower:

I think because the economy is so bad, you don't even need to go to designer discount stores to get a good deal anymore! Just go to Bloomingdale's, Neiman Marcus, Saks, etc and browse their sale racks and I bet you'll score a great deal.

Could someone recommend me some good bookstores and record stores around Manhattan and Brooklyn? I'm going to New York next week and will be satying there for a week, and mainly going through Downtown and Brooklyn area.

Earwax (218 Bedford Ave, Brooklyn) is pure heaven for me so I'd happily recommend that, they seem to have all the music you thought you could only find online, and the couple? that works there are super nice. :heart:

A friend & I are going to NY in May. Can anyone help us find an affordable 2-bedroom appartment or studio with 2 beds. Somewhere near Times square, or central park. Or do you have any tips for us? THX

I went to NY last week and I fell in love with the city. I saw al lot, like Central Park, Empire State, Met Moma Guggenheim...

I loved Urban Outfitters & Bloomingdales, and Macy's was dissapointing...Forever 21 was a MESS and I think their clothes are bad.

Oh, and the food surprised me. I felt like a piggy after eating just one croissant, and apples are weirdly huuuge! Everything is so...greasy! I love vitamin water though, I want it in Europe!

Anyone have some suggestions for downtown hotels or places to stay, currently I have a budget of 2,500 dollars and am using hotwire, the cheapest places it seems are by the airport but I don't have a car and I want to be able to walk places.

So including a roundtrip plane ticket for 9 days it will be 1600 dollars in one of the airport hotels, and 2100 dollars downtown.

I'm visiting NY to go to open calls, the top 10 mens agencies which are on all different weekdays of the week, I'll most likely just stay a week not 9 days, but I'm staying long enough to go where I want.

BTW is April a good month to go to open calls?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->