Travel Guide : New York City

early sept...i don't know the exact date...

Thanks, Ali's agent wants her in NY the end of Aug, and I will only be able to go the week of the shows. If you know of a good cheap place for her to stay let me know,she hates the model apt. during show season.

mm...what's cheap?... i'll see what i can find out...

We have stayed at the pioneer of soho,but I wouldn't want Ali staying there by herself. The model apt is $300.00 a week it's cheap but you should hear about the catfights.

woah-$300/wk IS cheap... you should look on craigslist.com for a sublet...that would be the best thing...a hotel would obviously be more...

Wow, even I can use all the info from Faust and Softie!!!And I live here!
actually Jersey City, used to live in Harlem, UES and Midtown though.

I have recently started goin t this place called Mas on Downing between Bedford and Varick. It is expensive , french whatever you call it food and drinks, but I like their attitude. The batenders and wait staff are really nice and seem to know what they are talking about in terms of food and drink.I usually learn something, pricey though. Also Blue Ribbon Is right next to it.

Also On Cornilia between 6th and Bleeker are some nice home grown, comfort food, type reastaurants, typeplaces that are small and intimate and the food is quite good. very Lively and cute.There is also a
cool little Thia place called PEEP. Very good Thai( Neuvaux SP?).I think on Sullivan.

There is this designer type outlet on the corner of Broadway and Houston on the south east side of the street.
You go up a floor and they have mens and womens clothing. after of course walk down broadway to all the
Pumas, Banana reps, Ax, zara ect. But also check out Daffy's. Sometimes they have great stuff.

But do not leave NY without going to Chinatown for Dimsum on Sunday or the Indian food in the east village.

Whatever you do,DO NOT leave the middle S out of the above website. :shock:

i just went to Quo tonight. it was awesome. no hip hop music at all! =) actual latin beats and fun technoy things to dance to. also, dancers, lights, and people walking around with drums. me likey it.

I am going to new york too..but to live! my best friend is moving there in october from san fran and i'm going with her. is it hard to get retail jobs there? we're both planning on going to FIT and we're looking for places in brooklyn.

Originally posted by smashinfashion@Jul 25 2004, 03:50 PM
I am going to new york too..but to live! my best friend is moving there in october from san fran and i'm going with her. is it hard to get retail jobs there? we're both planning on going to FIT and we're looking for places in brooklyn.
[snapback]315747[/snapback]​

you should be fine... a retail job should be easy enough and brooklyn has more affordable housing...

isn't alejandro supposed to be in nyc right now...?
where is he?... :unsure:

Originally posted by softgrey@Jul 25 2004, 06:18 PM
you should be fine... a retail job should be easy enough and brooklyn has more affordable housing...

isn't alejandro supposed to be in nyc right now...?
where is he?... :unsure:
[snapback]315793[/snapback]​

good to know. what is the average minimum wage for retail there?

i thought minimum wage was the same nationwide...i don't know what the average hourly rate is here...but it's usually a bit higher than elsewhere because the cost of living is higher...sorry i can't help more...

hello...ale....where are you?....

Originally posted by softgrey@Jul 23 2004, 11:26 PM
woah-$300/wk IS cheap... you should look on craigslist.com for a sublet...that would be the best thing...a hotel would obviously be more...
[snapback]315033[/snapback]​

It's craigslist.org Anything close to it (like .com extension or spelling error) will redirect you to some pron website :lol:

Originally posted by faust@Jul 26 2004, 09:53 AM
It's craigslist.org Anything close to it (like .com extension or spelling error) will redirect you to some pron website :lol:
[snapback]316036[/snapback]​

:o ......whooooppppssss!!!....sorry mm....my bad... :innocent:

Hey people, I came back from NYC last night at 12am :shock:

Im in love with NYC, I might want to transfer schools really soon, because it's not the same as Miami :doh:, seriously, this weekend was amazing, I wanted to meet up with you Softie, I stayed at the Mandarin Oriental, on Colombus, they had internet acces, but it was super expensive, and I had enough with the hotel and cabs taking advantage of me!! :lol: but im learning my way though...

So, I might go back again soon, this time, I want to plan out everything, so we could meet, even though this weekend I was non stop everywhere, from Soho, the Village, we even walked from Central park all the way around to the Canal and stuff (u cant go to NYC and not go to Canal, haha). The weather was awful on friday, I was soaking wet, even witn an umbrella, it was horrible, I had to walk barefoot on Central park, cause my sneakers looked like a swamp :lol:

I wanna leave this place!!!! :cry: :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kittyofsecrets
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->