Travel Guide : New York City

Everything stylegurrl said. Even with all the detracting factors, it's still the best city on Earth!

I think the best thing about living here is that no matter who you are there really is a place for you, there is always something to do, and you never feel alone (at least I don't). The shopping is obviously fabulous, as is the culture.
I only live here for about a third of the year so I don't feel the lows as much, but this City can take a lot out of you. If you are having a bad day here it is magnafied, tres draining. Also, like everyone else said, everything is much more expensive here. You don't notice it at first, but then you realize that you can go through like $100 a day just by getting take out and taking a couple of cabs. Besides all that though, it is still the most fabulous place in the world.

I'm so jealous of people living in nyc, no matter what the lows are.

There is always something going on and plenty of things to do but it feels very lonely here at times. It's always been a love/hate with me and this city :huh:

Originally posted by testinosdarling@Aug 9 2004, 06:07 PM
There is always something going on and plenty of things to do but it feels very lonely here at times. It's always been a love/hate with me and this city :huh:
[snapback]326399[/snapback]​

Yes.. I'm very much agreed with you on that.

Although there are thousands of people aorund you and any given moment... NYC can often be the lonliest place in the world ... I find that sometimes to get away from it, I have to go home to my parents house, or to my boyfriends house out on long island just to feel normal again. It's good to live in the city, and it's even better to get away from it for a little and come back (so I can get back to loving it again).

Originally posted by SCBlondie@Aug 9 2004, 07:04 PM
I'm so jealous of people living in nyc, no matter what the lows are.
[snapback]326394[/snapback]​

oh me too blondie, me too, i can't think of a moment after i visited NYC that i didnt want to live there. everything about that city speaks life and i know i have to live there. i just have to idea what to do to make the money..

i said it before and i'll say it again...

i strolled downtown
i roamed the streets
searching for
that familiar beat

the heart of the city
the pulse of the town
it seems the excitement
has somewhat died down

the artists are elsewhere
the masses moved in
it seems that my city
is less than it's been

i stop in a cafe
to seek some relief
and am somewhat surprised
by the strength of my grief

my city is changing
that's certainly clear
and it makes me ponder
'what's left for me here...'

but as i step back
and look all around
i remember
'it's the best city i've ever found'

i :heart: ny...

:heart: :flower:

I couldn't handle it for more than a few months.

Pros: Shopping

Cons: Dirty, people are vulgar and some act like animals, having to listen to true New Yorkers massacre the english language...I'd rather hear nails down a blackboard. :yuk:

And you cant forget the "SATC" wannabes :lol:

diversity...tolerance...24 hour delivery service...everything you want within walking distance...choices choices choices....so many choices...something for everyone...
you can meet people from all over the world here...

the downside is all the tourists who create all the traffic and congestion...stopping in the middle of the sidewalk to read the map or walking along staring up at all the skyscrapers instead of where they are going...going out on the weekends and getting drunk as skunks and screaming in the streets as if people didn't actually live here...
and peeing on the street...ny-ers don't do it...it folks from elsewhere that come in and make a friggin' mess...ny-ers don't litter...tourists do...

if you are coming to visit...a couple of requests...
a-please respect the people who live here and remember that the city is home to many
b-when stopping to read a map or whatever...please step to one side so that those of us who actually have jobs and a schedule to keep can go about our business-thank you.
c-smile-you're visiting one of the greatest places on earth....!!! :flower: :heart:

Originally posted by softgrey@Aug 16 2004, 06:08 PM
diversity...tolerance...24 hour delivery service...everything you want within walking distance...choices choices choices....so many choices...something for everyone...
you can meet people from all over the world here...
the downside is all the tourists who create all the traffic and congestion...stopping in the middle of the sidewalk to read the map or walking along staring up at all the skyscrapers instead of where they are going...going out on the weekends and getting drunk as skunks and screaming in the streets as if people didn't actually live here...
and peeing on the street...ny-ers don't do it...it folks from elsewhere that come in and make a friggin' mess...ny-ers don't litter...tourists do...

if you are coming to visit...a couple of requests...
a-please respect the people who live here and remember that the city is home to many
b-when stopping to read a map or whatever...please step to one side so that those of us who actually have jobs and a schedule to keep can go about our business-thank you.
c-smile-you're visiting one of the greatest places on earth....!!! :flower: :heart:
[snapback]334740[/snapback]​

OMG.. YES! It's totally all of the tourists who cause most of the congestion... I frickin HATE when they stop to read maps, or JUST STOP IN THE MIDDLE OF THE SIDEWALK.. it always happens when I have somewhere I have to be... makes me want to kick them in the back of the knees... (Oooh, that was violent)..

:innocent:

well...at least i'm not alone...maybe we could hand out a leaflet on tourist etiquette when they come across the bridges or tunnels... :wink: :lol:

I cant stand people who litter in any city! How freaking lazy are you that you cannot throw your garbage in a trash can? Seriously!

But NYC isn't that bad in the sense of litter. Its more dirty because of the amount of cars, buses and construction. When I lived there I couldn't wear flip flops because my feet would turn black :yuk:

Then again its like that in most cities.

Favorite Things About NYC

I'm seriously considering moving to NYC next fall. There is nothing for me where I live. I'm feeling so bored and uninterested with my life. Two of my friends are in NYC right now, one attending the New York School of Film and Television to become an actress, the other is doing pre-med. Anyways, what are your favorite things about NYC?

The Shopping :heart:
also...i loved the Dangerous Liasons exhibition at the Metropolitan Museum of Art :heart: & i loved the Russian Tea Room, but it is closed :(

all the options that you have for ... EVERYTHING!
If you wanna wine ...100's of bars!
If you wanna dine ...100's of restaurants!
If you wanna shop ...100's of shops!

You have options, darling!
Think what makes you happy ..and you'll find it there!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paintnitelife
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->