Travel Guide : New York City

Originally posted by loserunit@Sep 5 2004, 08:55 PM
magnolia bakery.
cobblestone roads.

i like the confidence you get being there. [this applies to me. you...?]
[snapback]357435[/snapback]​

I went to the Magnolia Bakery when I was in NY. I expected to wait in line around the block but there was no line at all and the workers were so friendly. And the cupcakes :shock: :heart:

hey, i like the subway :P

also, unlike most places, when you get lost and you ask someone for directions, they actually know what they're talking about. friendly too. :innocent: :blush:

I've never been to NYC but I've heard so many great things :P Like one of you said it's a mix of nationalities ..well that is wonderful considering you don't have to worry if u misspell some English word . You can always rely on your charms :lol:

The civilisation is brilliant in general, the shops which are to die for, the atmosphere when you walk down the road, it's simply amazing when you step in. Let's not forget about that famous cowboy that sings near the panoramic view in the heart of the city. I believe it's one of the most powerful cities in the world that's why it is often compared to heaven.

Originally posted by Spidergirl@Sep 8 2004, 08:39 PM
I've never been to NYC but I've heard so many great things :P Like one of you said it's a mix of nationalities ..well that is wonderful considering you don't have to worry if u misspell some English word . You can always rely on your charms :lol:

The civilisation is brilliant in general, the shops which are to die for, the atmosphere when you walk down the road, it's simply amazing when you step in. Let's not forget about that famous cowboy that sings near the panoramic view in the heart of the city. I believe it's one of the most powerful cities in the world that's why it is often compared to heaven.
[snapback]359999[/snapback]​

Wow. The first time I went to New York two and half years ago we went to Times Sqaure first and took pictures with him. When I got back home everyone was like "omg you met the naked cowboy!"

I totally forgot about that. :wink:

On our first morning in New York city we we're looking for Houston st. A young man stopped and helped us with directions, and we went on our way. That night after many castings we we're lost again and we approached a gentleman on the corner. He turned around and said, "Are you still looking for Houston st.?" That is the magic of NYC there are surprises around every corner. :magic:

Originally posted by loserunit@Sep 5 2004, 07:55 PM
magnolia bakery.
cobblestone roads.

i like the confidence you get being there. [this applies to me. you...?]
[snapback]357435[/snapback]​

*purr* Magnolias... was just thinking of them today when I was in the dessert section of Whole Foods...

OMG.. .I could totally go for a weight-gaining Sugary Orgasm of a cupcake. :wink:

^My friend and I thought we could cassually walk in there, but there was a waiting list for like an hour. :(

So we decided to walk down the street to this weird candy shop that played Willy Wonka 24/7 and got the worst ice cream ever. I later found out Ralph Lauren's daughter owns that place. Its awful. :yuk:

Originally posted by SCBlondie@Sep 6 2004, 08:31 PM
I went to the Magnolia Bakery when I was in NY. I expected to wait in line around the block but there was no line at all and the workers were so friendly. And the cupcakes :shock: :heart:
[snapback]357852[/snapback]​
its a ritual for me to get a cupcake with pink frosting :heart: from Magnolia and then walk down a bit to Marc Jacobs & enjoy the view :P

Originally posted by onehotgrrl@Sep 5 2004, 07:39 PM
Shopping! Things are expensive...but there are so many alternatives- you can find lots of things at a great price.

Tons of options in spas, restaurants, etc.

There's a Museum of Sex

Barnes and Nobles delivers to your doorstep the same day you order.
[snapback]357426[/snapback]​

Berlin actually has a Museum of the Erotic :ninja:

I think I'm the only one here not obsessed with Magnolia Bakery. Oh, I tried to go to Serendipitys last Thursday and there was a 2-hour wait!

Originally posted by model_mom@Sep 9 2004, 08:36 PM
On our first morning in New York city we we're looking for Houston st. A young man stopped and helped us with directions, and we went on our way. That night after many castings we we're lost again and we approached a gentleman on the corner. He turned around and said, "Are you still looking for Houston st.?" That is the magic of NYC there are surprises around every corner. :magic:
[snapback]361477[/snapback]​
that's a great story... :P :flower:

Originally posted by nycgirl84@Sep 29 2004, 11:51 PM
I think I'm the only one here not obsessed with Magnolia Bakery. Oh, I tried to go to Serendipitys last Thursday and there was a 2-hour wait!
[snapback]380350[/snapback]​

magnolia is for tourists.

^ :lol: that is hilarious!!

i haven't been there for a long time but i remember that generally their roast beef sandwiches in NY were excellent. i dont know why thats still in my little brain. i love the city lights at night. all the museum's ive been to were great.

I've never been to the museum of sex... yet. :ninja:

I just had to share with everyone that today was my inaugural visit to Bergdorf Goodman. Wow. It was kind of amazing, actually. God, I sound lame, but I'm sure ya'll understand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paintnitelife
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->