Tucking shirts in only at the front

I know it's a trend for men, I also done the same thing, tucking shirt only in front with a large tee, but my mother found it tacky, but I guess it depends how you wear it.

This might come across as a needless example, but with very high-waisted pants that make one's torso look too short (but which are too deliciously daring not to wear), I find tucking long shirts in only at the BACK provides the best compromise. Voilà; your torso proportions look normal from the front, but from the back everyone can notice the daring heights of your inseam... It works best with a long shirt in a gauzy or otherwise light material, which is basically any cheap tunic.

i dont find tucking in t-shirts only at the front too suitable for me but I do this with button-down oxfords and it looks great and effortless, especially when paired up with skinny jeans and a skinny belt :smile:

I love to tuck my shirts in like this, for the various reasons stated - it can be figure flattering or this is ideal for showing off details at the waist-band or belt.
I feel weird tucking the whole shirt in...reminds me of my childhood days when I was forced by my mum to do so :innocent:

It only works if you have a perfectly flat tummy. As I do not, it looks horrible on me (and also super contrived).

I have been overlooking this thread thinking "how can tucking in shirts only in the front be a trend?" but it has grown to 4 pages and got me curious. I am surprised at how valid it is as a trend. Thanks for the pictures.

You know i think I will try it. Lately I've been buying up a lot of those really loose and long tees and racerback tanks. They are meant to be fluid and drapey, which happens if you wear them with leggings or something really smooth and tight. But when I want to wear them with jeans or a skirt that is less smooth, that lumpiness from the top of the jeans or similar bottoms drives me crazy!

I think this may be a good solution to that though. You will still get that drapiness but the lumpiness around the waistband will be revealed which is much better than having it under the fabric of the shirt.

Last edited by a moderator:
Source: plasticchoko.blogspot.com
Milan

orig posted by Party.in.Paris

^I agree. The chains, the cuffed trousers.. He might as well be wearing high heels.
I love this 'trend' though, I do it all the time.

We got a Macys sales flyer yesterday and there was a teenage boy wearing an Ed Hardyish T shirt only tucked in the front.

This might come across as a needless example, but with very high-waisted pants that make one's torso look too short (but which are too deliciously daring not to wear), I find tucking long shirts in only at the BACK provides the best compromise. Voilà; your torso proportions look normal from the front, but from the back everyone can notice the daring heights of your inseam... It works best with a long shirt in a gauzy or otherwise light material, which is basically any cheap tunic.

i actually tucked the front of my button down shirt into a pair of high-waisted jeans a week or so ago...
and i think the look really worked...

but, i think it's worth noting that i have a long torso, so the stuff that you mentioned above didn't really apply in my situation :P

it was actually a really good solution for me, because somehow the shirt just wasn't looking right when it was tucked all the way in, and the jeans have a sort of built-in belt thing that ties into a bow, so leaving the shirt untucked gave a little too much bulk...
tucking in the front was a good way to show the belt, the fact that the pants were high-waisted and also allowed the back of the shirt to sit well against my body..

i probably should have taken a picture :blush:

Lookie what I found!

00070m.jpg

source vogue

Lily D's obviously caught on to this trend :wink:

I've been doing this for a wee while now, simply because I find it a generally more flattering look actually because you can get some sense of waist definition and I think it works on all figure types. I'm also a fan of the 'half-tuck' where you tuck in one half of a button down shirt.

i do it because i'm lazy...but it is such a sloppy look. alright on the younger people but once we reach a certain age, sloppiness is very unflattering.

used to do this when i was a teenager over 20 years ago. at that time, i thought it was "cool" :wink:

don't we all have done this even unconsciously now and then? I personally dont find it new new.. maybe now is more in the spot?:unsure:

showing up on the runways too....

ADAM S/S 10
00070m.jpg

style.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Avococo
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"