Ugg Style Boots

Originally posted by DressageChick@Jan 15th, 2004 - 9:52 pm
Never liked the Uggs, but I think these are cute:
IGLOU015.jpg

they looked better in the store than they do here
Oooooh they are cute, like a little black tulip in bloom :P

And trailercouture, I agree with your comparison of them to a loaf of bread. Kind of creepy :ninja:

I think Uggs are quite...ugly....but today in -19 degree Farenheit temperature, I look at all the girls with their feet in some warm sheepskin with envy.

I went to the store today and was looking at the black shoes posted above...but they seem a bit flimsy....tomorrow i'm off to hunt for warm boots again.
Wish me luck :smile:

EMU boots?

hey guys! sorry this is so old and random but i was wondering if anyone knows the difference between EMU's and UGG's. i've seen and felt both before and they feel exactly the same, but UGGs are way more expensive than EMUs for some reason. is it just because UGGs are more famous? does anyone who owns both give me a comparison?

also how are the sizes for EMUs? If i usually wear a 7 then should i size down to 6 like UGGs? i'm looking to purchase a pair of EMUs on ebay for the cold weather and one seller says to get your normal size. thanks a lot :blush:

I'm so sick of these boots! Too many people are wearing them now and it's just played out. They aren't very flattering in my eyes. With a mini, the Uggs make most people's legs look stumpy. It's time for this trend to go!

I think UGGS are ugly lol but I have two pairs & I love them. They are for WARMTH not because they are trendy or look good. I would never buy the fake ones because of this. It was never about a trend for me. Its FREEZING here for crying out loud!!! LOL

Uggs as FASHION was looooooong long ago!! i think most people now are wearing them for comfort/warmth and not to look trendy. i look at girls wearing them now with mini skirts and shades and just laugh!! haha i'm horrible i know :P

and for anyone who's looking for alternatives to Uggs...i bought a pair of Sorel's last year and i think they're pretty great! they're 100% waterproof so no leakage like with Uggs and they have a removable woolly lining and the sole is nice and thick so your feet have support. the only thing i dont' like about them is that they're a bit heavy because of the rubber i guess, so it takes more effort to put on than Uggs. but by more effort i mean an extra 5 seconds each shoe so...really not that bad :smile:

and can anyone help me out with my EMU situation posted above? thanks :smile:

I think they are ok. I oen EMU brand from Big 5. I have a few pairs. I wear em with jeans and a brown tshirt or beige shirt. Good for cooler weather . Now is good even for LA. Maybe wear my Nike, Reebok, or NewBalance leggings or some footless cotton leggings or tights with shorts. :smile:

I need UGG for cold weather....to do errand....if I go out I wouldn't want to wear UGG..I do love my UGG..

I own only EMU brand but from Australia too. At least the wool inside. But read the box. Sizes are actual in street shoes. Maybe bigger if u like. As for me, actual size. I dont think there is much difference but seen them now in a few more styles for men. Colors are black, beige with men heel, and shorter boot without the heel . taller victorian style for women out there. At Citidel in LA County at a shoe store like Shoe Pavillion or something. Warm and comfortable. Also seen CROC with wool/cotton. In mens. Also team color and logo croc for men.

i wear uggs to college .. i ahev to walk like 2 miles there .. in the cold weather they are perfect .. i love them for when my feet are sore as well or if i have a long shift in work .. they are a purely confort thing for me .. stylish is the one word you cant use to discribe them

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPepic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->