UK Elle April 2019 : Taylor Swift by Quentin Jones

she could not be happy when post this on her ins.....probably her worst cover i have ever seen

Yikes!

1. The pose looks contrived.

2. The softness of the backdrop is very inconsistent with her stiff pose.

3. That angle made her look like as if her hairline is receding on the left side. (No shame in that).

What happened to Elle UK? The relaunch started out very strong. It was fresh. It had a vision, but now, you could mistake this for a circa 2010-2012 cover. Even the art direction is slowly reverting back to its old self. Terribly disappointing.

The art direction is basic. UK Elle and US Elle are sharing the same font, yet again.

If this is a global deal, can we safely assume that Nina Garcia had the right of first refusal as to images? Not gonna be surprised if her cover is stronger than this.

Wonder why they ditched that font they had made? What a waste of money!

Reactions: MON
Yikes, what a messy cover! What's the deal with that cheap pink paneling, and whose idea was it to use the dress as a backdrop? Arguably one of their worst covers since the redesign.

I like the hair colour on Taylor, and the yellow dress look s great. Just don't see her bust I'm afraid and the necklace was unnecessary.

I don’t despise it but it’s certainly not what I’ve come to expect from ELLE UK. Their rebrand seems to have just diluted back into what we’ve seen before? Perhaps it wasn’t selling and the decision was made to revert back somewhat. Shame. She can photograph well and I feel like the bare bones of the concept aren’t bad, the yellow should have shot well against the pink.

When I see a yellow dress like that I think of Beyoncé. And Taylor ain’t no Beyoncé.

The fashion on the cover just looks like scrunched-up rubbish. Unless the American edition is going to run with a different set of images, this does not bode well for Elles across the world.

Maybe it's a UK exclusive! I find it hard to believe that the US edition would let anyone else take the lead with a global deal. Even in her post she only tagged British Elle.

I would love to have a tighter crop of the up-side-down couch shot to be a cover. It would make a much more interesting cover to look at on newsstand.

^An upside-down shot which you could sell with the tagline, "a fresh look at Taylor Swift" or some other nonsense about a new angle to her work or her image.

There was a rumour that America used a different photographer.

If this is a global deal, can we safely assume that Nina Garcia had the right of first refusal as to images? Not gonna be surprised if her cover is stronger than this.
I doubt it was styled by the UK team, photo by the contributor of them

There was a rumour that America used a different photographer.

Which must mean this was styled by a British team. It certainly looks like it was styled by Anne-Marie.
Nina would never allow this shoot in her magazine, nor the cover actually. It's not her style.

For Taylor Swift, Pop is Personal

Photographer: Quentin Jones
Stylist: Gillian Wilkins
Hair: Alain Pichon
Makeup: Lisa Eldridge
Manicure: Jenny Longworth
Cast: Taylor Swift

UK Elle Digital Edition

Colour Vision

Photographer: Alex Franco
Stylist: Gillian Wilkins
Hair: Susanne Lichtenegger