UK Vogue November 2014 : Taylor Swift by Mario Testino

i'm genuinely puzzled by Adriana's lack of shots.

also - Karlie is a contract Angel now ... and this is a couture shoot. shouldn't she have been featured?! Elsa sounds cool from the story.

Lais is stunning, but there's always a distance in her shots. she's beautiful, to be sure, but it's unreachable, unrelatable for me.

Ale looks amazing. So does Candice. Lily looks like Lily.

i'm extremely glad they didn't go for the obvious "sexy" editorial with the VS girls, but I agree with the rest of you -- they could've made this shoot MUCH more exciting.

It's UK Vogue, I no longer expect anything from them, other than several Kate Moss covers a year, and editorials designed to send me to sleep.

taylor's makeup is so awful. that's all im getting from this issue.

The issue is kind boring, except the Julia's story, is stunning. :heart:n That Adriana's shot is gorgerous, she should be the cover girl overside of Swift.

Halcyon Days by Venetia Scott is so beautiful!

Last edited by a moderator:
Halcyon Days is an actual editorial?? While skimming this thread I didn't even click on it because I figured it was a feature on socialites that did not get much attention put into it. British Vogue has become so boring. I think Australian Vogue has supplanted it as far as presenting a commercial, accessible vision of fashion which UK Vogue has always championed. They've been producing fat better content than British Vogue has with what I can assume is a far smaller budget. Hmm maybe they should get The Aussie editor to supplant Shulman. It would be a perfect fit IMO.

Halcyon Days is an actual editorial?? While skimming this thread I didn't even click on it because I figured it was a feature on socialites that did not get much attention put into it. British Vogue has become so boring. I think Australian Vogue has supplanted it as far as presenting a commercial, accessible vision of fashion which UK Vogue has always championed. They've been producing fat better content than British Vogue has with what I can assume is a far smaller budget. Hmm maybe they should get The Aussie editor to supplant Shulman. It would be a perfect fit IMO.

Exactly! What a waste of stunning girls, Grace, Holly Rose etc. The most unimaginative shots, looks like something from Tatler. Taylor's edit is nice, but she lacks range. Oh well, she is just a celebrity after all, what do I expect. She looks a bit teeny-bopper in her first shot. I was expecting a pink plastic telephone. :lol:
The couture ed showed promise after the first shot surfaced, but I'm not overwhelmed by the rest of it. Lais is the worst and could've been replaced by Karlie!

why did they do taylor's hair like that, not a fan

however i love this because of the miu miu on the cover :heart: it's not a terrible issue! no cara,edie or tim walker in sight, phew!

Lily is not in it?

Apologies, I was writing the review on my iPad which was driving me crazy.

The cover reminds me of Alexa Chung on UK Elle back in March 2012 but I like it, even though I feel as though those colours are aimed at a much younger demographic. I would of preferred a more mature approach to Taylor Swift's look, and quite frankly Fashion magazine done a better job with Swift this month.

I love those pictures of the VS girls by Patrick Demarchelier! The shot of Adriana would of made a fabulous cover. :heart:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the UHQs, my favorite editorial of this issue!

It's on sale for £2 in my part of the world, and as ever, an instant purchase, at that price.

Yeah, it was marked down to £2 on the cover in the North East. In London it's £3.99. They're reducing their cover price almost every month now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ze bicho
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->