UK Vogue November 2014 : Taylor Swift by Mario Testino

the taylor images strike me as very teenVOGUE.

that chalky color palette coupled with the intentionally dated, vague yet specific tacky retro juvenile vibe from this miu miu collection certainly doesn't help. i imagine the collection could prove difficult to style and take it somewhere else stylistically and mood-wise from an editorial standpoint.

judging by the slicked back hair and uber exaggerated, drawn on freckles taylor's, look is totally riffing off this Patti Hansen/Elgort edito; however in reality, the styling ended up looking more like a cross between these two :lol::

tumblr_mbq75jbFGK1qzdza2o1_500.jpg

foghorn_leghorn_and_miss_priss_by_vivgxojo-d34c63v.png

superseventies tumblr/vivgxojo.deviantart.com

Despite the more adventurous color palette the editorial feels and falls flat.

Also wish they woud've placed all of Taylor's head infront of the O and U in the VOGUE title, rather that cutting off her ear and hair do. A small detail that woud've made a big difference in creating a more visually appealing cover image.

I find myself loving the cover and I am very surprised. Also, here is a full photo of the VS angels wearing Dolce & Gabbana.

EsvPmdQY.png

Twitter.com/dolcegabbana

The VS girls are Adriana Lima, Alessandra Ambrosio, Candice Swanepoel, Lily Aldridge, Lais Ribeiro and Elsa Hosk :smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it just me or does Adriana look like a brunette version of Hailey Clauson in that pic.

Love the VS pic but hands down, Candice definitely outshines the rest. She looks stunning:heart:

i like the image but would be great with different models imo

The cover is nice and Taylor looks great.

I'm kind of sad to see the VS shoot being just an editorial tho, I was hoping for maybe a December cover but oh well ... The girls look great and I'm crossing my fingers for an Elsa&Adriana shot

I like it, I'm just glad it doesn't look like her!

Main Issue Review - 300 Pages

Big Country
Model: Julia Nobis
Photographer: Josh Olins
Stylist: Clare Richardson
10 Photos

Close To Heaven
Models: Alessandra Ambrosio, Elsa Hosk, Adriana Lima, Lias Ribeiro & Candice Swanepoel
Photographer: Patrick Demarchelier
Stylist: Kate Phelan
10 Photos

Taylor Made
Cover Star: Taylor Swift
Photographer: Mario Testino
Stylist: Lucinda Chambers
6 Photos

Halcyon Days
Models: Holly Rose Emery, Grace Hartzel, Julie Hoomans, Matilda Lowther & Dani Witt
Photographer: Venetia Scott
Stylist: Bay Garnett
10 Photos

More Dash Than Cash Supplement Review - 48 Pages

On With The Show
Models: Elektra & Miranda Kilbey
Photographer: Sergi Pons
Stylist: Camilla Pole
13 Photos

Close To Heaven
Models: Alessandra Ambrosio, Elsa Hosk, Adriana Lima, Lias Ribeiro & Candice Swanepoel
10 Photos

Lily is not in it?

More Dash Than Cash Supplement Review - 48 Pages

On With The Show
Models: Elektra & Miranda Kilbey
Photographer: Sergi Pons
Stylist: Camilla Pole
13 Photos

Holly Rose!!! Thanks for the review Vogue 28! Who's on the cover of the MDTC supplement?

So Kate Phelan still freelances, or this must've been done a while ago.

Close To Heaven
Models: Alessandra Ambrosio, Candice Swanepoel, Lily Aldridge, Elsa Hosk, Adriana Lima & Lais Ribeiro

glossynewsstand.com

^^ I wish Elsa would have been included more, not just one group photo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rearjepaj
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->