UK Elle June 2012 : Kristen Stewart by David Slijper

Awkward is the word. I do actually think Kristen is ok looking in life but she sure doesn't photograph well. Only Mert & Marcus can make her look stunning in my opinion.

and for the hype they created tweeting from the set I was expecting something far better than this. definitely another issue I'll pass on.

I agree with you, the last issue I brought was the February 2011 one, since then I've realised this magazine isn't really to my tastes in terms of the editorial content etc. It's nothing impressive and I have no intention of buying this magazine in the future. They hype all the time, like the time when Lady GaGa was featured, that was nothing special and they have now built up hype with David Beckham confirmed for the July cover. That will probably turnout to be disappointing. Yes they are big stars, they sell no doubt but to me the images created are nothing ground breaking.

I imagine the editorial could have been of her getting her teeth pulled and you would have gotten more expression than these photos. The only time I've ever liked Kristen in print was for W Magazine where at least M&M were able to make her look interesting.

On the other hand, I can't wait to see Emanuela's editorial

Oh no, why her? I was just about to renew my subscription but I think I'll wait till next month :lol: But I like the fact that there is an outdoor shot on the cover. To be honest I prefer the newsstand one, the subscriber's cover is blank.

I know they need to make money but Jeez! at least get someone who looks like they want to be photographed. Her editorial is painfully awkward.

Even if those issues with Kristen on the cover are selling so well, they shouldn't put on cover such a bad picture. Elle should care more about esthetic and beauty. That's my opinion.

I have to disagree with those who say Kristen never takes good pics. Her eds in Vogue Italia and W for example are fantastic. This is just a clear case of bad styling. All round bad idea.

If Lorraine does start letting more readers call the shots then I wonder if more model covers will be coming our way.

Last edited by a moderator:
UK Elle seems to be pre-selling itself on the basis of names alone at the moment, as opposed to any presented standard of actual content. Unless the cover girl is going to be Kate Moss, most modern models don't have the power to create that sort of buying impetus. The sight of a great shot of them might - but mentioning them a month ahead of the issue coming out won't cause a rush for subscriptions, which seems to be the sales tactic at the moment.

In the end, I couldn't care who gets a cover, as long as it's a good shot of them - but that's not something that 'reader choice' can ever guarantee, because picking a name from a list isn't the same as styling the shoot or taking the photograph. It's an illusion of influence.

the tempest
model: gwen loos
photographer: enrique badulescu
stylist: anne-marie curtis
make-up: andrew gallimore
hair: ward

marilynparis

^Thank you, such a beautiful edit, esp the 3rd shot in McQueen is a stunner:flower:.

^ I totallu agree. The Tempest has been my favourite editorial that British ELLE have done almost all season...

This is one of the outtakes from her shoot and I think its beautiful, this is what should have been used for the Sub cover.

Robstenation

she never smiles I don't know how she gets covers
pls put models on!

Bobby153, that's for sure beautiful shot of her. I would like to see it on sub's cover :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trashmagic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->