UK Elle February 2021 : Gemma Chan by Marcin Kempski

Very cute! I could do without the bare legs, but it's so bright and dreamy it cheers you up.

I feel a bit overwhelmed with all that colour and fabric. But hey it's cheerful and I don't mind that right now!

Can't say I'm a fan. I think Gemma is beautiful, but this doesn't work for me. The dress, orange text color, text placement...

Gemma's always a welcome sight! I feel like they should've cropped her legs, but it's still a lovely cover. Very Elle Italia indeed...

Why make the text orange? Otherwise I really like this.

How Farrah got her groove back! Seems 2021 will be her year.
The casting choice is once again fresh, exciting and unexpected. I'm not really big on Gemma Chan, it's great that she's getting a big UK cover.
Don't like the pink overload and the ones saying it looks like Elle Italia is spot on though that's not a compliment imo, but it's yet again a bold cover that will make you look twice on the newsstand. Whether through like or dislike.

Interesting how it is Elle and Harper's that are moving the needle with cover subjects and not Vogue.

Always happy to see Gemma, but not feeling the I play with my mom make-up looks, too childish. And the dress look like a shower sponge. Gemma deserved more classic beauty looks.

I like it but only because it looks like Elle Italia and I´m a sucker for their 90s inspiration.

I like it a lot and happy to see the lovely Gemma! Very cutesy but a good reprieve from the current macro backdrop. This will look much better than Vogue UK on the newstands (if we ever get to leave the house again in the UK that is!

Was this originally a tie in with the February release of Eternals? Or is she promoting something else?

This just puts a smile on my face and that’s exactly what I’m looking for from a fashion magazine.

Was this originally a tie in with the February release of Eternals? Or is she promoting something else?

Could be but the film has been postponed to November. Fortunately, she has a minor role in Soderbergh’s “Let Them All Talk” for HBO Max.

I’m not really sold on the cover 100%. The styling does look too cutesy for my liking. Give her the same Armani dress that Dua is wearing on the cover of UK Vogue or something else in the same vein. Then we’d have the winner of UK’s February cover.

Last year, I had written this magazine off - but now it's come back to life with two covers in a row where it's offering something different to what we see on Vogue and Harper's Bazaar.

I can't say I'm crazy about this cover, but finally seeing an Asian face on the front of a mainstream UK magazine makes me happy, and we can benefit from seeing a bit of bright colour at the moment.

Last year, I had written this magazine off - but now it's come back to life with two covers in a row where it's offering something different to what we see on Vogue and Harper's Bazaar.

I can't say I'm crazy about this cover, but finally seeing an Asian face on the front of a mainstream UK magazine makes me happy, and we can benefit from seeing a bit of bright colour at the moment.

True! And what makes it extra special is that it's coming from Farrah.
Of course Vogue gave Naomi Scott an OG cover, Jameela Jamil one of the grid's on Meghan's special edition, and a Korean model a spot on their foldout model cover, but this feels extra special. They've given her exactly the same treatment they would someone like Florence Pugh. This is the way forward.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->