UK Vogue August 2023 : Maya Jama by Steven Meisel

Meh. Same old, same old. Plain background portrait covers. Next.

I don't know her, but this is beautiful! Oh, Edward. Thank you so much. Such a stunning portrait! Indeed very retro 80s, with a breath of modern freshness to it. Fabulous!
Her wiki says that she’s a DJ and tv presentator. Her latest project was love island

Steven Meisel, a portrait shot, and a beautiful woman would've been a dynamic cover on paper,
but then the hairstylist somewhat made this cover slightly tacky to look at. It's like a lesser
version of their April cover with Jodie Comer.

She's pretty, but something about the cover bothers me, I think maybe it's the hair or the similarity between this and Adele's cover.

She has hosted a few things here in the UK, like Glow Up, but most recently Love Island. Which is currently having its worse year for viewing figures ever.

I would say she’s pretty popular with younger audiences style-wise, but a Meisel shot Vogue cover is most certainly a curve ball, for sure. It’s a pretty cover and she looks great, but it’s absolutely basic as an image.

Give me a pink masthead and a beauty shot and I'm happy.

The hair … it make her looks like she has receding hairline

The preview didn't get anyone excited...

UseEfckC_o.png

64oI6P6J_o.png

nhsF3G6n_o.png

Source: vogue.co.uk

What the actual......Bye Edward. This isn't a scrapbook for your mates to get photoshoots from Steven Meisel.

This is embarrassing on so many levels. One of Meisel's worst editorials. The way they retouched the hair is hilariously bad. The styling is stupid. I can't believe how these photos passed through all the people on VB team and at the end Edward gave them a green light. What a genius editor he is.
And this clown wanted to replace Wintour lmao

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LKLA2024
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->