UK Vogue January 2022 : Kristen McMenamy by Steven Meisel

Along with the Naomi Campbell cover from March 2019, this may be my least favourite cover of British Vogue photographed by Steven Meisel - and I was very much wanting to see Kristen McMenamy by Meisel again. It's looking very... grunge considering Carlyne Cerf de Dudzeele is involved.

I was holding my breath while the thread was opening and even though I like it, I think it could have been better... there´s something about the messy hair that´s throwing me off.

I think I'm more thrilled with the collaboration than the result itself. Of course, it's a great image and I'm happy to see these two (photographer and their muse) but they should've left the studio.

This is all I been waiting for. Kristen by Meisel and Carlyne. But tbh I'm not that thrill, it's could be better. I was expecting a better styling from Carlyne. I'll wait for full editorial.

But I'm so happy for Kristen, She finally completed her big four.

I'm so glad than Kristen finally come back to work with Meisel. The cover is gorgerous. :heart:

Kristen!

(sadly the cover is hideous! The hair, the styling…. No)

To say my excitement is through the roof would be an understatement of the decade. My god, what a thrill! THEE Kristen McMenamy is back in Vogue, shot by none other but THEE Steven Meisel, styled by THEE Carlyne. I mean... come on. Say what you will about him, but Edward's got pull. No other magazine nowadays can get me this excited! Three consecutive Meisel covers is such an accomplishment and such a gift to fashion fans honestly, I don't even know what to say anymore.

I'll echo everyone's sentiments, the product could've been better but it's the team that matters here. To see them all work together once again feels like such a privilege in this age of mediocrity and anonymous, forgettable creatives that are shoved down our throats. The styling reminds me of one of Meisel's last Versace campaigns with Kaia, Anok and Bente (which I did not love) and I will admit that I'm not a fan of it here either, but Kristen's magical eyes lure you right in and her face really is all that matters in this image. I am very excited to see the full editorial and even more excited to purchase this issue - something I never expected to be saying after the Condé Naste situation. Bravo, Edward! And thank you for this. Thank you very, very much.

Edit: Although I would personally have preferred a more classically glamorous approach, the editorial preview feels very Kristen McMenamy and I'm here for it! So fabulous ♥

Preview :heart::

KMM1.jpg
KMM5.jpg
KMM10.jpg
KMM11.jpg

vogue.co.uk

YES!!!! Yes to everything. Perfect cover, no complaints. It all works for me. So excited to get this!

АААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААА

I love this with my heart. I don't find this ugly or bad at all. This looks like a missing Vogue Italia cover under Franca (mix of Eva Herzigova's cover with the Water & Oil story). This is the most Vogue Italia main story of British Vogue under Edward. Billie Eilish gone right, in very good way.

Well it’s about time she got her first Vogue UK cover after almost 40 years in the business.

It’s not a bad shot. But I would’ve preferred a more glamorous look like in her last M&M ed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
numenah
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->