In Fine Form

Photographer: Ronan McKenzie
Set Designer: Kim Harding
Stylist: Poppy Kain
Hair: Charlotte Mensah
Makeup: Ammy Drammeh
Cast: Jacqueline Rabun, Emefa Cole, Melanie Eddy, Simone Brewster, Jeff Awah

UK Vogue November Digital Edition

the only passable edits are Sims and Mackenzie’s. and even... that main editorial is soooo mediocre. such a shame.

also, on Amber’s ed I didn’t know that cranky and bored AF meant ‘natural’...

I guess I won’t be grabbing this issue from the newsstands...

Every time I see a Teller editorial I feel the need to sue him for emotional distress. This particular story brings back childhood memories of my cousin and I grabbing an old digital camera and posing for each other next to the most random crap back on my parents' farm. If I had the chance to see the photographs now, I'm pretty sure that our game looked better than this.

Serena's editorial isn't the worst thing, but it's not memorable either - I like the two shots of her body the most. Very Herb Ritts-y. Sims' editorial is classic, nothing too exciting but by far my favorite story in this issue. I like Amber's editorial but only for Amber alone. The story itself is very lacklustre. And then I literally can't remember what the rest of the issue looked like as I'm writing this post... that's how capturing it was. Next, please.

Joe McKenna styling Sims ed is the saving grace of this issue, all black executed flawlessly.

Amber looking so defeated I worry about her mental health, she didn't look like that in her Proenza campaign also by Zoe...this makes me want to reach for the Valium not the credit card!

Main edit is also terrible, I'm sure her instagram has better pictures. That JW Anderson coat at the end did made me chuckle tho.

I hope he reserved all the good content for december or if he's going to serve something equally amusing next month ie. not at all.

Glad to see Beabadoobee on the pages of Vogue. She truly deserves the recognition that she's getting right now.
There's nothing special about this issue, though, but the cover editorial is decent.

I think they overdid her eyebrows, and the white wall looks like an afterthought, but other than that it's not that bad

just saw the magazine at WHS when leaving the airport and it looks much better in ‘real life’, very glossy and the white looks much better too!!
if I wasn’t already carrying so many heavy things I would’ve got it because, £2!

i love the black and white in the coat and the body close up. The rest of the spread is rather underwhelming

I finally got my subscription copy - it’s around 260 pages, a good thickness for a modern-day magazine. You don’t get Edward putting out any of those 98-page pamphlets which are a sorry excuse for a print issue.

But, as has been mentioned, he’s got nothing much to say about Brexit or any particularly British-based problems in his editor’s note… it’s not British Vogue, it’s 51st State Vogue. Next month we’ll probably have Beyonce on the cover, talking about events in America like they’re the most important thing that’s happening to people in London or Glasgow or Belfast. No, the most important thing to Edward is that America keeps remembering that he exists. And that he's ready.

Karen Elson’s done a book, but it’s £50. Fifty quid! For reprinted photographs and a series of ‘intimate essays’? She’s done great work, and she probably has a lot of interesting things to say – but this book could probably be half that price.

The one-page Archive feature is usually the high point of each issue for me – this time, Robin Muir looks back at October 1973 and Helmut Newton’s poolside party shoot – you’ve seen it, you know it. It’s the one with Grace Coddington.

All the other pages of this issue… I don’t mind the contents, but not enough to keep them around any longer than the end of this week.

David's edit merited a purchase of an otherwise lacklustre issue (although the articles look decent and it was £2). For a man so heavily associated with grunge and the 90s, he kills me with his new wave/80s inspired stories - add in the fact that anything associated with that era is Joe's forte from a styling angle, and it's a yes from me. Love it.

As far as Serena's feature goes, I really appreciate the vibe they were going for with Zoe behind the lens but she didn't get anything out of Serena besides one to two passable images (including the cover), so it's a flop from me. Why can no one shoot this woman well?

This is a solid issue, cover looks great in print actually, i bought it for the Sims ed, but there is plenty interesting content to read, and look at. That is why i love Edward's Vogue, always something worthy whithin. Now if he could focus more on UK, it would be great, but let's be honest, he is just passing time, and doing it in spectacular fashion, until US Vogue comes calling.

Sims and McKenna’s ed look like one of those eds they have done plenty of times for VP.
I find this issue boring anyway...
It’s another mash-up of VP and Vogue US...

If we have to wait for Anna to leave IS Vogue to finally see the greatness we expect from Edward, I’m already tired.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->