Umbrellas

Originally posted by purplelucrezia@Dec 13th, 2003 - 10:19 pm
I love my pink Hello Kitty umbrella- $5 in Chinatown! :blush: :heart:
i have one too!

K-CS64170_l.jpg

The most hated fashion accessory...

...which can destroy your look.
is...(wait for it)...the umbrella!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you want to buy a beautiful umbrella, forget Northern Europe. Paradoxically, it is in sunny Italy, France and Spain where you will find them.

I have noticed how in the UK men don't carry umbrellas (I've been told it is not too masculine) and women have those useless collapsable ones, from Boots. They last until the gust of wind ruins them.

My mother gave me a Ferragamo umbrella when I moved to the Benelux. Red with sketches of shoes, very beautiful and horribly expensive . God knows I used it! I have never received more stares than when I use it (which is often, here). It is now 10 years old and impeccable.

My friends say they hate umbrellas because they hate the rain. Personally, I hate to get my hair wet.

My mum says nothing ruins your look like a cheap brolly or a plastic bag.:heart:

Opinions please!

I don't know. I'm pretty content with my plain old black umbrella. I think really elaborate umbrellas can look silly.

morgan38 said:
I don't know. I'm pretty content with my plain old black umbrella. I think really elaborate umbrellas can look silly.

same here, but i have had my little beady eye on this galliano umbrella for some time now... :lol: :innocent:

umbrella.jpg

I lose unbrellas all the time.... so I'd never invest in a "good brolly"

I just go ahead and get wet. I find umbrellas more inconvenient than helpful.

I personally think carrying a straight-handle umbrella is VERY chic, only wood though. I don't know why, maybe because it goes with my love of trench coats.

I love that Galliano one...:woot:

I'm too afraid to buy an expensive umbrella. I'd always be paranoid that when I put it in one of those buckets at restaurants, someone would steal it.

i use a bubble umbrella.
i think they're awesome and i've never had one blow out on me.
mine is red, not yellow, and cost about $20.

Fulton_Birdcage.jpg

morgan38 said:
I'm too afraid to buy an expensive umbrella. I'd always be paranoid that when I put it in one of those buckets at restaurants, someone would steal it.
i'm pretty sure that happens more often than not.

I just don't use umbrellas since my favorite one, the one that goes in to a very little space and had these violet flowers prints on and it was too perfect for my style, died ;__. I don't have no idea how to fix it. I got it from my mom , and I think it's from seventies .

Maybe one of the corners of the umbrella came undone and you can just sew it back on?

whatever, I just grab a garbage bag, put it in my bag, and if it rains, there u go,Ill cover myself in some Glad :lol:

Nobody is gonna come complimenting your outfit when it's rainstorming up there... :wacko: so run run and don't get mad, get glad!

I feel I have to mention when I first read the title of this thread.. I thought it was going to be scrunchies or something. :lol:

haha.. I've seen people with those crazy umbrellas... Oh the looks that those people get. :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thtrfh65
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->