Unconventional Ireland

Reaction score
something different from brown thomas n topshop???

anywhere!!!!

from dublin to galway to cork to limerick to anywheeeeeeeeeeeere

im so bored.
duh

Dundrum is nice(Dublin) but always very crowded, I won't go there in the weekends. Then you have cecelia's place & clerys' Both are OK. But Topshop & Brown Thomas are still my faves too^_^

why not try The Loft Market in Powercourt Centre and support an up and coming irish designer, theres some really nice style there[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]

Fintan said:
why not try The Loft Market in Powercourt Centre and support an up and coming irish designer, theres some really nice style there[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]
I second this recommendation.

Also, try Kalu in Naas, Co.Kildare. They stock really great stuff.

Arnotts is ok. Tulle in the George's St Arcade usually have some very nice dress & tops by up & coming foreign designers. They had Sass & Bide before Bts if I remember correctly. All Saints on the ground floor of the Powerscourt Centre and I third The Loft Market recommendation. Reiss next to Topshop on Stephen's Green, Diesel on Suffolk St, Urban Outfitters in Temple Bar, and the designer's market on Cow's Lane. Coast, which is in BTs but also have a shop between Reiss & Topshop on Stephen's Green usually has a good stock of dresses. I haven't been in any of them yet but I hear that there are some nice boutiques in Blackrock aswell. There is a great little boutique on Dame's Lane, the name of which is currently escaping me, but it is one of the few places in Dublin that stocks 24in waist jeans. I remember the salesgirls in BTs sending me down there as they had no 24in.

Does anyone know anywhere in Dublin that stocks Jenny Han or Nanette Lepore? I can't remember if I saw NL in BTs or not and I've just been stalking them on ebay in the meantime :smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
littleblacksheep said:
Arnotts is ok. Tulle in the George's St Arcade usually have some very nice dress & tops by up & coming foreign designers. They had Sass & Bide before Bts if I remember correctly. All Saints on the ground floor of the Powerscourt Centre and I third The Loft Market recommendation. Reiss next to Topshop on Stephen's Green, Diesel on Suffolk St, Urban Outfitters in Temple Bar, and the designer's market on Cow's Lane. Coast, which is in BTs but also have a shop between Reiss & Topshop on Stephen's Green usually has a good stock of dresses. I haven't been in any of them yet but I hear that there are some nice boutiques in Blackrock aswell. There is a great little boutique on Dame's Lane, the name of which is currently escaping me, but it is one of the few places in Dublin that stocks 24in waist jeans. I remember the salesgirls in BTs sending me down there as they had no 24in.

Does anyone know anywhere in Dublin that stocks Jenny Han or Nanette Lepore? I can't remember if I saw NL in BTs or not and I've just been stalking them on ebay in the meantime :smile:
I think BTs stock Nanette...not 100% sure though...

what are the best restaurants on grafton street? as well, what designers have boutiques on grafton? im being dragged to ireland in the upcoming weeks as it is my parents native country and am hoping to at least have a little bit of fun. thanks in advance :flower:

Do you have some shopping tipps for Limerick? I'll study there next semester and I'm already trying to get some information on the city. You're very welcome to post your favorite restaurants, clubs and cafés, too! :-)

^^ Are you going to LSAD? My sister studied there! I don't know much about it to be honest but the school's reputed to be the best in the country.

No, I'll attend the University of Limerick. I got some kind of scholarship (Erasmus); actually I applied for Galway as I heard that the town is really nice. But hey, at least I'm going to Ireland. ;-)

Oh I knew a few people who've partook in that program, I hear it's amazing, well I hope Ireland treats you well! Maybe your arrival will bring some miraculous end to our dreadful weather..

Highly unlikely...:(

Yes, I've heard that the weather in Ireland isn't much better than here in Germany. :doh: Maybe you can give me some advice what to pack? I'll stay there until the end of January, so I should bring some warm clothes, right?

DEFINITELY! It won't be bitterly cold but it does get quite chilly and ensure you have a mac too! It just never stops raining...literally.

Ok, so now I'll have to go shopping. I don't even have a rain coat! And a simple trench won't do, I guess. Perhaps I can do some shopping in Limerick... What stores are there? Of course I want to visit Dublin a couple of times; a former classmate lives there. :-)

I've arrived in Limerick last week and have already found some nice shops. Are there any good vintage shops in town?

Does anyone know some good places to shop in Cork or Galway? Or really anywhere along the west coast, becuase that's where I'll be next summer. Thanks!:flower:

Belfast Shopping - Insiders Guide... Lanvin, Dries Van Noten, Rick Owens and more...

Ok so not strictly "Ireland" but there is great shopping in Belfast.

My favourite shop Envoy has just launched a new website (http://www.envoyofbelfast.com). AMAZING. Lanvin, Dries, Margiela, Rick Owens, Paul Smith. It keeps me in the red every month (literally)! They also stock Guidi and Paul Harnden, makers of the most beautiful shoes/bags on this earth! Ruth and Ruth are lovely, really helpful and not at all pushy.

In Belfast, there are a couple more worth a visit:

NINE Chichester Street, city centre - for Ann Valerie Hash, Vivienne Westwood, Philip Treacy hats and bags, Martin Grant... older age group. http://www.ninechichesterstreet.com
Velvet on Lisburn Road - Schumacher, Anna Sui, J brand jeans. Cute. http://www.velvetclothing.co.uk/
For vintage - Raspberry Beret in Bloomfield Avenue (East Belfast, out of the city). She has a great eye. In fact I just bought a mink jacket there today. I know I will rot in hell. But it's the business.
There is also Cruise (Victoria Square), but unless you are married to a footballer, would advise caution. Maybe that's a bit mean, some of the stuff is okay - and they have just started stocking prada...
House of Fraser/Victoria Square centre also has Reiss, All Saints, and a Whistles and Comptoir des Cotonniers concession...

DUNDALK
Eden in Dundalk is worth a visit. They stock John Rocha. Also Isabel Marant (so hard to get!), and some other french brands like Maje, Antik Batick and Manoush. They used to stock Scorah Patullo (shoes) but no more :(. Gillian, the owner is great. They also have really beautiful children's clothes and toys. If you want to spoil the little ones!

Also there is a new vintage shop very recently opened in Blackrock (Dundalk). Haven't been there yet but saw some of her stuff at a vintage fair in Belfast. The stuff was really special, if a little pricey... she gave me a card so will hoke it out for more details.

And finally, if you are looking for somewhere to stay/go for cocktails or afternoon tea, the Merchant Hotel is really nice.

Maybe I should work for the tourist board!

H.

something different from brown thomas n topshop???

anywhere!!!!

from dublin to galway to cork to limerick to anywheeeeeeeeeeeere

im so bored.
duh

Last edited by a moderator:
^ hephzibah do you know any other vintage shops actually in Belfast? I've written down Raspberry Beret and I've also got Rusty Zip on Botanic Avenue.

Anything would be great!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rare
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->