The Model Agent

Just now I finished watching all the episodes & I guess now it's over & it seems there will be a The Model Agent II.

I only liked 4 girls from the 12:

- Julia - love everything about her, gorgeous girl, sooo beautiful :crush: she could have won this without a problem but the did nothing in that photoshoot and got off really early :(

- Jamie - gorgeous as well, beautiful eyes & skin ... but she didn't show any motivation in that runway challenge & got off as well.

- Jennifer - beautiful as well, pretty blue big eyes, very sensitive girl :heart: she was great in the runway challenge, although she didn't show much enthusiasm in the last challenge she had before she got off.

- Laura - lovely, very pretty & has the cuttest accent :bunny:
So from all these 4 none of them won it, because they didn't show motivation & effort like the 2-3 final girls :(

What I didn't like was that some of them didn't know nothing about fashion & we fashion addicts can't tolerate that :zorro:

I'm looking forwad to the next season (hopefully there will be a 2nd one) & I wished Julia could got in again because she's amazing :wub: but I don't think any of these girls can participate in the next season :doh:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, in the end I think Jennifer and Laura probably have the biggest chances at making it.. I like Amber and I think she has a great attitude, but I just see her doing more commercial stuff, while Carrie-Ann I love, but I don't think the pregnancy is going to do her any favors, wish her well though

I really wish Jennifer would pursue modeling. they need to offer her a contract.

Jennifer and Laura are definitely interesting. I definitely like Amber for her courage. I can't even imagine some of the self awareness that has caused her, but also thing she found a HUGE well of strength from confronting it.

Amber was a HUGE winner regardless. Seeing her in the interview and addressing her condition head on... WOW! For a girl of her age, that is not the type of character that people develop until much later in life. Her life will forever be better just from having faced and dealt with that personal challenge and really coming to grips with it.

Hopefully Jennifer and Laura will mature and get a little more hunger for it. I think part of what we saw in them was at the core of the show... These were people being pulled out of clubs, coffee shops, maybe killing an afternoon at a mall on a lark... O.k. lets see if I have it. I don't think for either of them it was important enough, or if they really grasp the opportunities available to them that are otherwise really not obtainable.

Hopefully the taste will catch them. They have great potential

:woot: yes yes yes. She will go very far I can tell. I really hope to see her on the runways * off to her thread*

I find it weird that Jennifer and Amber is already listed in Independent Models website while the winner, Carrie-Anne is not. I thought even if she's pregnant, she is still in contract with the agency. I actually hoped to see more of Laura, I see a reminiscence of a raw Gemma Ward in her. Something about her just reminds me of a younger Gemma.

^yes but Amber & Jennifer are working & Carrie not but I'm not sure, maybe she didn't sign yet because the pregnancy, what would be the point on sign with them if you couldn't work? Plus the contract is for a year, so ...

Haha nice, she's quite cute. Her tests are pretty bad though.
It seems the The Model Agent will come back, so I can't wait !

Jennifer said in her thread she has signed with IMG London :smile:

Supermodel Jodie keen to join up as Model Agent
By Lorna Nolan

International supermodel Jodie Kidd has revealed her desire to work on the next series of The Model Agent.

The British beauty (31), who jetted into town last weekend for a special appearance at the Off The Rails fashion awards in the RDS, explained how she is hoping to join infamous model scout Ellis and mentor Erin O'Connor on the hit RTE show in the new year.

"I would absolutely love to be involved in a show like the Model Agent," she told the Herald. "I've been in the industry a long time and I would definitely take any chance I could to come and work in Ireland.

"I love it over here. I get here quite often, although not enough, for work."The catwalk queen explained how she thoroughly enjoyed meeting up with old friends, including designer John Rocha, at the glitzy event last weekend.

The model later hit the town with a number of pals.

"I couldn't miss the opportunity to have my pint of Guinness while I was in town," she explained.

herald.ie

Well, international is an overstatement but Jodie is definately much more famous than most of the world's greatest supermodels in Britiain.

I wish they'd do a version of the show for Scotland and Wales too. There are probably plenty of capable, interesting models in both countries but the agencies and overall scouting are so crap.

RTÉ's The Model Scouts search for a new Irish supermodel - 12 girls, 6 weeks, 1 contract
Following the success of last year's series, The Model Agent, RTÉ and Sideline Productions have this year teamed up with IMG, the most successful talent management company in the world, to search for a new Irish model with the potential to take the fashion industry by storm.
This prize on offer this year to the successful girl, is a one year contract with IMG Models who represent an impressive international portfolio of models including Gisele Bundchen, Heidi Klum, Naomi Campbell, Lily Cole, Mischa Barton and Liv Tyler.
The television series, The Model Scouts will shadow Jeni Rose and David Cunningham as they scour the length and breadth of the country to find a young Irish girl that they can develop long term into a major international success.
Jeni and David are Vice-Presidents of International Development at IMG Models in Paris and New York respectively, where they are officially referred to as 'scouts.' Together they have scouted in more than 40 countries and will visit Ireland for the first time in a quest to source a new face for the biggest fashion and entertainment group in the world.
Television cameras will follow Jeni and David's journey as they scout and select the 12 lucky girls, who will then feature in the six part television series on RTÉ Two. Many will apply, but only a few will make it through to the finals due to be filmed in London, Paris, New York, Milan and Sydney.
Only one will win the final prize; the coveted one year contract with IMG Models - part of the biggest and most successful management company in the world. Other prizes will include a front cover fashion shoot and the opportunity to be 'the face' of a major Irish fashion launch - details of which will be revealed during the TV series.
Carrie Anne Burton, the winner of last year's The Model Agent is continuing to enjoy a fruitful modelling career having won a contract with Independent Models. Carrie Anne has taken part in fashion campaigns including Peter O'Brien's latest A-Wear collection and Belleek's first jewellery collection. Independent Models ceased trading in the summer of 2009, but Carrie Anne is currently represented by Tess management.
The application process is now closed. Stay tuned for The Model Scouts which starts in November 2010.
fingers crossed!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianapalm
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->