Underrated Designers

welcome to tFS lidi, could you post links or photos from Colovos ? please :flower:

dosnt michel colvos do Habitual?

I enver have seen hsi otehr work, so pelas post.

Wynn Smith is the designer for Wink.

Biography by Firstview:
Known for his tongue-in-cheek humor and anti-establishment designs, Wynn Smith has quickly built a cult following for his Wink (the name is a combination of Wynn's sister's name, Mink, and his own). Wink, launched in 1997, is known for its punk-meets-upper-crust sensibility. The Arkansas native studied fashion in San Francisco, before heading to New York and working with Geoffrey Beene. He then returned to San Francisco as a trained couturier to cater to private clients

Collections: WinkByWynnSmith

Hi, Lena! Thanks for the warm welcome. :smile:

Spacemiu, I know that he has a line called Welkin beside Habitual.
It's very hard to find photos of Colovos' work on the web, sorry.
If you're interested, I found this tho:

Colovos, originally from Spain, graduated with a
degree in Accounting, studied fashion design at F.I.T (New York), interned for Victor Alfaro, studied more fashion in Florence (Italy), worked for Guy Laroche's Prêt-a-Porter in Paris (France), moved back to New York to do some free-lancing as a designer and illustrator¡¦until he finally released his own collection, Colovos. In 2001 he released another line called Welkin, a women¡'s collection with relaxed construction and interesting details. Recently he's dedicated his knowledge into creating pieces of art with the ultimate fit, a.k.a. Habitual.

Cool links, ignitioned32. ^_^

Cool choices Lidi :flower:

I did forget to add in Jean Colonna who's been around about as long as Gaultier yet never seemed to recieve a ton of attention.

oh no, Colonna is far too boring scott , honestly :(

I haven't really seen too much from him lately. I know he used to be pretty good and interesting :unsure:

Could I add , ATSURO TAYAMA ? :flower:

I've just watched his autumn/winter 03/04 collection on FTV , and it's as good as anything I've seen this year for women , and that's including Naoki Tasikawa for Issey Miyake who usually gets my vote .

KIT :heart:

i would say viktor and rolf, zac posen, and elie saab

Originally posted by loserunit@Jan 4th, 2004 - 1:52 am
I'm not so sure about Zac,LoserUnit. Having seen Zac on Vh1 and being praised every chance by Vogue editors and celebs,I think he's already surpassed mediocrity.

Originally posted by Scott+Jan 5th, 2004 - 2:54 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Scott @ Jan 5th, 2004 - 2:54 am)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-loserunit@Jan 4th, 2004 - 1:52 am
I'm not so sure about Zac,LoserUnit.
[/b][/quote]
me too, i'd say zaccc is rather over rated

far to hyped, btu dosnt he have like the bigest pr comany in new york? plus all teh famous friends :rolleyes: , his clothes are ok though, just ntohing special.

I know everyone knows them, but Matthew Williamson and Blumarine are just the best, and I don't think they get enough attention.

i'm with you on Matthew Williamson who's been getting better and better (for his kind of clientelle) nycgirl :flower:

as for Bluemarine, I'd wait two more seasons to make sure the direction of their HIT ss04 collection will 'develop' to a new 'mood' for the brand.

What about Nicole Farhi? Its really not my style at all but I feel she has a certain clientele she answers to and she has quite a quiet sensibility with regards to being known.

And did anybody mention Strenesse by Gabriel Strehle?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->